I am the Thread Killer

T-40

• Members

Originally posted by niomosy

I use AVG. It's free with free updates biggrin.gifthumb.gif

How do you know they do as good/thorough a job versus a profit-driven company's product?

I just renewed the larger Norton Internet security, for a second firewall and hopefully more spyware blocking (the Microsoft Beta thingy doesn't appear to do {censored}, and I'm always running AdAware's free version to catch all the crap my wife sticks on rolleyes.gif ).

• Members

Originally posted by Zamfir

How do you know they do as good/thorough a job versus a profit-driven company's product?

I just renewed the larger Norton Internet security, for a second firewall and hopefully more spyware blocking (the Microsoft Beta thingy doesn't appear to do {censored}, and I'm always running AdAware's free version to catch all the crap my wife sticks on rolleyes.gif ).

Cause they found a bunch of stuff the other AV's missed wink.gif I went through Norton and McAfee once Norton started really chugging my system whenever I was playing a game (even though it wasn't scanning or anything...)

• Members

Originally posted by whoneedstherapy

AVG rocks my boat too! that and zone alarm aren't too bad for a purely free combo.

Last time I used it, it was a friggin pain in the ass. Had a hell of a time getting VNC, my FTP server, etc. etc. all working. Even then, Windows file sharing wouldn't work unless I disabled the damn thing. I just finally gave up and removed the damn thing.