I am the Thread Killer

T-40

• Members

Originally posted by niomosy

I'll be there. I might even be able to get you a pass wink.gif

As for gaming...

A PS2 if you want to play now. A PS3 if you're looking at the future. The PS have typically had more RPG's for them than the Xbox (by a lot).

There's always the PC but that's more expensive unless there's a lot of PC games you want to play. I'm looking at a solid gaming setup for the high-end games of around $800 without a monitor or cd/dvd (since I've already got those). That's me buying parts, getting good deals and putting it together myself.

There's a load of old Star Wars starfighter games that you could have fun with, though. Good old X-Wing, the B-Wing expansion for X-Wing, Tie Fighter, X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter and X-Wing Alliance. Those'll all run on what would now be a pretty low-end system and despite the graphics being dated, they're a load of fun to play.

Low end!?! My Dell laptop is only 13.5 months old! mad.gifbiggrin.gif

See, I have this insatiable urge to cruise around the Death Star in an X-wing, as well as Star Destroyers, as well as beat up on X-wings in a TIE. thumb.gif

The graphics for that need to be really cool, though.

With enough income, 3 or 4 games would probably do me, PC-wise.

But thank you for the PS3 tip!

• Members

Originally posted by Zamfir

Low end!?! My Dell laptop is only 13.5 months old! mad.gifbiggrin.gif

See, I have this insatiable urge to cruise around the Death Star in an X-wing, as well as Star Destroyers, as well as beat up on X-wings in a TIE. thumb.gif

The graphics for that need to be really cool, though.

With enough income, 3 or 4 games would probably do me, PC-wise.

But thank you for the PS3 tip!

Laptop? That, alone, suggests that you're not going to be on the high-end of computer gaming. Most laptops don't have the greatest graphics cards for gaming. Mine's got a pretty solid 128mb GeForce 5650 and Battlefield 2 makes that card its bitch frown.gif Most anything else plays pretty well.

As for those old PC games, X-Wing Alliance was the newest of the bunch but it's got a story line about some kind about you being some neutral family that's getting screwed by the Empire and having to fight them to keep alive. Xwing vs. Tie was mostly multi-player so not too much there. Tie Fighter's graphics weren't bad. Not super-realistic but reasonable.

The newer games might also have some flying aspects but are usually part of a bigger game. There's also Star Wars Galaxies and the Lightspeed expansion pack. It's $15 a month on top of the game and pack so it's not cheap but... it's basically a huge Star Wars universe where you can do all sorts of things.

• Members

im not sure they have an archives type thing. lincoln had headlines about all the snow....

i took pictures yesterday moring and a picture of the house when i came home and well i think there on my puter at work so i hope to send them when i get there.....there still to large to send or way to small.......

• Members

We're heading for some lake effect on Friday. Should get 6 to 12. I was reading you average 100 inches per year. That's quite a bit. We had 116 last year and 90 something the year before but it wasn't as cold. You get to see the stars, though, all I see is clouds and more clouds. No chains on the tires.

• Members

I used one as my only heat source in NY. There was a spring under the old farm house and I pumped water up and heated on the stove for a bth, etc. I had a big old bathtub in the kitchen! because it was the only real warm place. The living room wasn't too bad, but the bedrooms were unheated. My dog burned his nose on the stove. He jumped every time he went near it after that. Got him trained.