I am the Thread Killer

T-40

• Members

Originally posted by parknlotpickr

sooooooooooo, whatcha doin not doin nothin today..i don't recall you being on this time even on a day off......

who ya talkin to?

as for me, I'm here because I'm putting off going to speech class, and I'm trying to remember some girls phone number I lost todayredface.gif

• Members

Bah. I wanted to upgrade my graphics card on my PC. Wait, now everything's going PCIe and I've got an AGP board. Gotta upgrade the motherboard as well. But wait... gonna need some new memory to go with that. I also need a new case as mine's a POS. For gaming, I'm also going to be in need of a more accurate mouse as the wireless one I've got isn't so hot at gaming.

Sigh... I wanted to get a new hard drive as well as my boot drive's slower than snot rolleyes.gif

So far, I'm looking at $600 if I don't get a new drive or mouse. I think the only thing out of my old system I'd be keeping is the CPU... at least I hope I'm keeping that. No need to upgrade.

It's tempting to just buy a hold-me-over video card, another 512mb of RAM and a new drive and just skip the big change until later. Of course, that just becomes a waste of money. Argh! I can't win frown.gif

Hopefully prices come down or some good deals pop up so I can upgrade on the cheap wink.gif

• Members

Originally posted by niomosy

Bah. I wanted to upgrade my graphics card on my PC. Wait, now everything's going PCIe and I've got an AGP board. Gotta upgrade the motherboard as well. But wait... gonna need some new memory to go with that. I also need a new case as mine's a POS. For gaming, I'm also going to be in need of a more accurate mouse as the wireless one I've got isn't so hot at gaming.

Sigh... I wanted to get a new hard drive as well as my boot drive's slower than snot rolleyes.gif

So far, I'm looking at $600 if I don't get a new drive or mouse. I think the only thing out of my old system I'd be keeping is the CPU... at least I hope I'm keeping that. No need to upgrade.

It's tempting to just buy a hold-me-over video card, another 512mb of RAM and a new drive and just skip the big change until later. Of course, that just becomes a waste of money. Argh! I can't win frown.gif

Hopefully prices come down or some good deals pop up so I can upgrade on the cheap wink.gif

or just buy another one!

• Members

Originally posted by mxpxfan

or just buy another one!

That's what I'm going to end up doing. Further research seems to indicate that not even my old cpu will work with the new motherboard. That means a full system.

Now, it's playing the waiting game. I'll piece it together myself unless someone comes along with a great deal that I can upgrade later. We'll see how that goes.

• Members

Originally posted by niomosy

That's what I'm going to end up doing. Further research seems to indicate that not even my old cpu will work with the new motherboard. That means a full system.

Now, it's playing the waiting game. I'll piece it together myself unless someone comes along with a great deal that I can upgrade later. We'll see how that goes.

All comes to him who knows how to wait. cool.gif