I am the Thread Killer

T-40

• Members

Originally posted by mxpxfan

It's nice. biggrin.gif I needed some thing different for my normal Motorhead/Ramones diet. Plus the bassist has great taste in bass tone. wink.gif Now I want a Ric more and more. mad.gifredface.giffrown.gif Inbetween Yes, Motorhead and my early Rush cd I'm hearing Rickenbackers way to much for my own good. biggrin.gif

Glad your diggen it. I started listening to Yes sophomore year in High School and my head exploded (literally) when I heard Squire's bass and bass lines. I think figuring out some of his licks really helped me get better. Also: Now that you own a Yes record, your required, by Federal Law, to own a Rickenbacker.

morechis.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by SpaceGhost

Glad your diggen it. I started listening to Yes sophomore year in High School and my head exploded (literally) when I heard Squire's bass and bass lines. I think figuring out some of his licks really helped me get better. Also: Now that you own a Yes record, your required, by Federal Law, to own a Rickenbacker.

morechis.jpg

Well I'm in my last year of highschool so. I had 90125 on vinyl. wink.gif But my record player needs new flea clips and I have to make them. mad.gif Any way, I'm too poor now to buy a Ric. frown.gif But my next bass is going to be a white 4003.biggrin.gif Lemmy and Rick James played one so why not me? biggrin.gif

• Members

As a random side note, the track "Fish (shindleria Praematurus)" is all bass. Its like a piccalo bass, his Ric, and some other basses all over dubbed through various effects, its pretty cool actually. Speaking of Motorhead, I played with this band (I posted about it at Ebassist awhile back) and we played Ace of Spades. I ran my Ric into a Marshall Guv'Nor and than into a bass rig. If your looking for the Lemmy tone on a budget, I highly suggest you check this pedal out. While it does cut some low end out, you can also get some convincing Jack Bruce tones too. Since you already have a tube amp, you'll be getting the warmth of your rig along with the "all hell is breaking loose" tone of the pedal, interesting combination if you ask me.

• Members

Originally posted by mxpxfan

yeah, I love the normal white rics. They look so darn sexy. smile.gif

And I'll check out the the Gov, I figure that with a booster should sound good. biggrin.gif *evil laugh*

If you do get one, make sure you get the original one. It looks like this:

Guvnor-front.jpg

The newer ones aren't as good for bass.

• Members

Holy Crap! I show back up for a moment, and find the same TK folks.......talking about Rics and Yes!!!!!

How the heck did the TK have on-topic posts!

Ans pictures of the second...no...third.......no, fourth...-sexiest bassist ever......right after Bonoman.......and Zam-Mitica......and JazzAd...... smile.gif

• Members

Originally posted by S'Lou

Holy Crap! I show back up for a moment, and find the same TK folks.......talking about Rics and Yes!!!!!

How the heck did the TK have on-topic posts!

Ans pictures of the second...no...third.......no, fourth...-sexiest bassist ever......right after Bonoman.......and Zam-Mitica......and JazzAd...... smile.gif

Technically on-topic posts aren't allowed but it happens from time to time wink.gif