I am the Thread Killer

T-40

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Hearafter

View Post

Got a meeting with the Regional Manager in 80 minutes, regarding my promotion.

I bought a lottery ticket in case things don't pan out... biggrin.gif

I could stomach not getting promoted, if they would just not {censored}ing lie straight to my face. Plus, I found out who I can stop putting any faith in.

{censored}ers mad.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfir

View Post

What happened, bro?

Nothing, that's the point. Next time my supervisors tell me they'll "go to bat" for me, I'm gonna rolleyes.gif and tell 'em not to bother. Oh wait, I don't have to tell them not to bother, because THEY WON'T {censored}ING BOTHER ANYHOW!

Two-faced mother{censored}ers telling me one thing, and telling the Regional Manager another...

grumble grumble... mad.gifscreen.giffuking grumble mad.gif.....

• Members

View Post

Nothing, that's the point. Next time my supervisors tell me they'll "go to bat" for me, I'm gonna rolleyes.gif and tell 'em not to bother. Oh wait, I don't have to tell them not to bother, because THEY WON'T {censored}ING BOTHER ANYHOW!

Two-faced mother{censored}ers telling me one thing, and telling the Regional Manager another...

grumble grumble... mad.gifscreen.giffuking grumble mad.gif.....

I hear ya.

It was more or less shown to me (by my companies actions) that me and the other people in my position that were not worth more than $1 extra a hour. $.98 raise. Should be happy I have a job, but it sucks when we are way underpaid to begin with.

• Members

Wonder what is lost in translation? Wouldn't it be funny if you got a whole different story in the English version?

Like: In a fit of hormonally-fueled jealousy rage, Harry stabs Haromine with his wand, and spiders pour out of the wound, paralyzing Ron and crawling down his throat, consuming his flesh from the inside... leaving only his bones to rot in the darkness of the forest... Rated PG-13

Now we got a story...

• Members

View Post

Wonder what is lost in translation? Wouldn't it be funny if you got a whole different story in the English version?

Like: In a fit of hormonally-fueled jealousy rage, Harry stabs Haromine with his wand, and spiders pour out of the wound, paralyzing Ron and crawling down his throat, consuming his flesh from the inside... leaving only his bones to rot in the darkness of the forest... Rated PG-13

Now we got a story...

That will almost certainly happen given my limited ability to understand a lot of German. facepalm.gifthumb.gif

I just wonder if I'll get half the jokes...

• Members

*note to self: unpack and air out tent more than once every 4-5 years*

My 15-yr-old one-person tent had the roof/fly rather adhesed to itself all over the place. Took a lot of tugging to get that beyotch un-stuck. facepalm.gif

Fortunately, no mildew.

And the two-person tent that I haven't used is in great shape, no probs. thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by moogieotter

View Post

Sounds like you shot off inside that tent at least once.

Ok lil moog just walked in the room and said "Dad, I had a dream about Boris the Spider!"

2 practices today with my two bands - 11:45 w the fogies and 6pm w the reefer addicts. Later T-Kers.

Did not...

It was just hot and humid in Virginia...waterproof fly fabric didn't like being wadded up for a few years... facepalm.gif

How do you explain to your son that you're in a band called "the reefer addicts"? poke.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfir

View Post

How do you explain to your son that you're in a band called "the reefer addicts"? poke.gif

That's not the band name. They just have to pack a bowl at least 4 times per practice. My son, age 3, actually came to practice and hung out inside with pistol range ear protectors on while they did they toking out in the back yard. I don't mind so much since while they do that I sit inside making up bass grooves at full volume. cool.gif

• Members

Last week, I bought 5 tickets to the Beaver's baseball game. For those of you that don't know, the Portland Beavers are the AAA affiliate of the San Diego Padres.

Anyhow, for the last few months, it's been dry, sunny, and hot. Yester-{censored}ing-day, a cold front moved in, bringing heavy rain and winds. Odds are, the game will be cancelled. Normally I wouldn't really care, because the tickets would be good for another game, however, tomorrow is the last game of the season, and the storm is supposed to still be here.

Damnit!

Too bad I can't just trade the tix for Winterhawks (local WCHL Hockey team) ticets...