I am the Thread Killer

T-40

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Donut_Man

View Post

When PT Cruisers first came out, they all seemed to have personalized plates like "MYCRUZR" or "MY PT" or something along the lines that they said that it was their PT Cruiser freak.giffacepalm.gif

now the personalised plates could read

CANT SELL IT

or

WOTALOTOFWASTEDDOSH

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Goofball Jones

View Post

My journey through the old jazz greats has landed on Mingus. Just bought "Pithecanthropus Erectus" and "Ah Um" from Amazon. I'm really digging it. thumb.gif

Great albums.

That said, they are not easy to listen to. Ah Um is a bit more trad oriented, but man...I have to be in a Mingus mood to listen to them, and they demand your attention. They're not passive listening, nod-ya-head jazz. wink.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by moogieotter

View Post

Hockey in Summer? confused.gif

Who knew? Pancake Check some fat mexican into the glass. tongue.gif

I had a really hard open-ice collision with a huge dude last night. Couldn't go in to work today, and had to go to the doctor.

I have a concussion, and pulled my neck and shoulder muscles out. I'm on a lot of meds right now, and doing some physical therapy... hopefully I will be able to play next week frown.gif

This {censored} hurts.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Goofball Jones

View Post

My journey through the old jazz greats has landed on Mingus. Just bought "Pithecanthropus Erectus" and "Ah Um" from Amazon. I'm really digging it. thumb.gif

I was lucky enough to attend a Mingus show many, many years ago. I still have dreams about it because the "awe" factor was tremendous.

By the way, your avatar is incredible..........shows you have excellent tastes in music and bebop greats.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Hearafter

View Post

I had a really hard open-ice collision with a huge dude last night. Couldn't go in to work today, and had to go to the doctor.

I have a concussion, and pulled my neck and shoulder muscles out. I'm on a lot of meds right now, and doing some physical therapy... hopefully I will be able to play next week frown.gif

This {censored} hurts.

Crush up those pills and snort em. That's what Zamfir does. tongue.gif

Seriously, sorry bro. It'll be ok.

• Members

cortez.jpg

I just scored a pair of Nike Cortez NIB for $30.

I used to run cross-country in high school. They the best shoes available in 1977. I wore a pair home after practice one day.

Dad: Those are the ugliest shoes I've seen lately.

Me: Yes, but they're really good shoes. I'm gonna run them in the state invitational meet next week.

Dad: Hmmm...

He bought 1,000 shares of Nike the following weeks. I think it traded at $7 a share or so. It's split several times, and gone up a bit in value.

Thanks, Dad. biggrin.gif

• Members

Later this week I will be flying to SF for work. Long flight, usually takes a lot out of me.

I have been recording practices using the H2 and while having a good mix is great. The band is starting to act like we are looking for Fleetwood Mac level production out of this $200 guy. While it is great, I mainly got it for us to hear ourselves and imrpove this way. confused.gif

• Members

For 16 years the hot/cold valve in our shower has worked backwards. I assumed they plumbed something wrong or something.

Changing the valve guts in the kitchen fawcett I read "if the hot/cold is reversed, rotate the valve cartridge 180 degrees". idea.gif

Pulled the shower knob off, rotated the valve with pliers, knob back on, and victory! Our hot/cold now conforms with the norm. 2 minutes and I didn't even have to shut the water off. thumb.gif

• Members

The boss is on vacation all week, another officer left her post early in June to go to Iraq with no one coming to replace her until November, a third colleague who manages all the visa stuff and backs up the boss is out sick for two days, and I'm left scrambling to manage the entire section, both visas and American services, without any access to the e-mail of the boss or his backup to figure out what big problems are brewing unbeknownst to me, all the while adjudicating visas, passports, and anything else people throw at me. We're basically at 40% of full officer staffing, and I have about 14 locally employed staff to worry about.

Two days of this now, right after I came back from two days of vacation.

I'm dead tired trying to do more than two full time jobs, and I need my colleague to stop being sick. frown.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by groutt

View Post

For 16 years the hot/cold valve in our shower has worked backwards. I assumed they plumbed something wrong or something.

Changing the valve guts in the kitchen fawcett I read "if the hot/cold is reversed, rotate the valve cartridge 180 degrees". idea.gif

Pulled the shower knob off, rotated the valve with pliers, knob back on, and victory! Our hot/cold now conforms with the norm. 2 minutes and I didn't even have to shut the water off. thumb.gif

biggrin.gif nice.

I had a similar experience when i moved my washer upstairs.

I hooked everything back up according to standard configuration, and when I ran a Hot/Cold wash, there was no hot water.

I then thought that they must have hooked up two cold lines my mistake!

Until I realized 'duh... the lines are installed backwards'.... biggrin.gif