I am the Thread Killer

T-40

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfir

View Post

If by "steak" you include a 1/4" thick piece of shoe sole that some places serve, unfortunately, yes. frown.gif

But I'm going to have a real NY strip (even if it is grocery store quality) with the best Bearnaise sauce in the world tonight. cool.gif

I just finished having my turkey/barley/veggie soup. thumb.gif

I seem to have lost my taste for NY strip. Too used to just hitting Costco and getting some nice ribeye or fillet mignon since they're almost the same price per pound. Wifey's been grabbing NY strip lately, though, since it's less fat and baby Nio can eat it with us now and then (in very small chunks wink.gif )

Ya know, the one time I've had Bearnaise sauce with my steak, I thought of you guys and your talk of it tongue.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by niomosy

View Post

Ya know, the one time I've had Bearnaise sauce with my steak, I thought of you guys and your talk of it tongue.gif

borg.gif

Thing is, most restaurants suck at making it.

I need to visit Paris to see if anyone can come close to mine. smile.gif

• Members

View Post

borg.gif

Thing is, most restaurants suck at making it.

I need to visit Paris to see if anyone can come close to mine. smile.gif

I would imagine so. Honestly, I can't recall where the hell I had Bearnaise sauce. I just recall thinking that it was pretty good, though I didn't want too much to go with my steak since I usually just prefer a bit of extra virgin olive oil with some salt and pepper on the steak before grilling/searing. That's usually about it. Sad thing is, I was in Paris a few years ago and it hadn't crossed my mind to try it freak.gif

• Members

View Post

whack.gif

I don't think I even recalled reading about it in TK (which is actually where I learned about it, of all places) tongue.gif

Baby Nio has a poster of Paris (it's a painting) that she's really loved since she was a newborn. We figure it's probably a pretty neat place to take her once she's around 4 or 5 so I'll be sure to put "steak with Bearnaise sauce" on my list of things to research for locations and have once we're there thumb.gif