I am the Thread Killer

T-40

• Members

Originally posted by el_duderino676

That would require me to shave first, and it will be a cold day in hell when I shave my beard off, or at least until after spring break. I don't want my face to freeze when I faceplant the slopes.

THat makes two of us. freak.gif

I lub my beardist thing long time. biggrin.gif

• Members

Originally posted by Zamfir

Yup, Mrs. Z is from Romania. But she'll be working Stateside for at least another year to get her L.C.S.W.

Have patience with the listening. It really takes active listening, and the material may well be over your head for awhile. Took me a couple months in Serbia in 1998 just to hear one word out of every twenty, sometimes one out of ten. I was also reading newspapers every day, which helped, because it was a lot of the same vocab.

I should clarify -- I don't listen and transcribe. I just listen (and to Serbian or Romanian, not Russian). smile.gif Actually, since I had to work my ass off all semester, I didn't listen at all for that entire time. frown.gif

The reading I do at breakfast works like this:

1. Go to BBC once every few weeks.

2. Select and print 3-5 stories on Russian domestic politics/affairs.

3. Prop up dictionary in a nice light stand I got from Barnes & Noble a few years ago.

4. Munch Total/Cheerios/Grape Nuts while flipping through a dictionary and writing small translations, and sometimes the word stress/accent, over the words I don't know. biggrin.gif

I like my Oxford Russian-English / English-Russian dictionary, but it's often leaving me in the lurch on some words that I have to guess at. And for some reason finding a better one (more words) on Amazon is harder than I thought it would be. mad.gif

By the way, the Group W bench is where they put you if they think you may not be moral enough to join the army. wink.gif

mad.gifmad.gif I though I had replied to this already confused.gif

• Members

Originally posted by oldivor

THat makes two of us. freak.gif

I lub my beardist thing long time. biggrin.gif

I haven't shaved in any way shape or form since the 2nd. After I found out that I was fired behind my back without cause, I didn't see the point in shaving, so I just said {censored} it.

Then again, I haven't had a haircut since August 16, but I don't forsee a haircut anytime in the future, either. smile.gif

• Members

I haven't shaved in any way shape or form since the 2nd. After I found out that I was fired behind my back without cause, I didn't see the point in shaving, so I just said {censored} it.

Then again, I haven't had a haircut since August 16, but I don't forsee a haircut anytime in the future, either. smile.gif

I haven't shave since Nov here. biggrin.gif I'm getting shagging looking though, need to trim it.

About mid year here, although it's getting too long for my taste now.

ugh, hungry now, I need to eat supper.

• Members

I haven't shave since Nov here. biggrin.gif I'm getting shagging looking though, need to trim it.

About mid year here, although it's getting too long for my taste now.

It would've been since mid October for me if Pizza Hut hadn't jerked me around and bull{censored}ted me into thinking that I would have a job for a while.

I don't even care that I was fired because I was already looking for another job, but what really irks me is that the bitch of a manager didn't have the guts to tell me to my face that I was fired. I only found out because my name wasn't on the schedule anymore.

• Members

It would've been since mid October for me if Pizza Hut hadn't jerked me around and bull{censored}ted me into thinking that I would have a job for a while.

I don't even care that I was fired because I was already looking for another job, but what really irks me is that the bitch of a manager didn't have the guts to tell me to my face that I was fired. I only found out because my name wasn't on the schedule anymore.

That sucks moose balls. That's low of them to not even tell you.

But then again stealing isn't the nicest thing too..

• Members

That sucks moose balls. That's low of them to not even tell you.

But then again stealing isn't the nicest thing too..

It wasn't really stealing, we just forgot that we had the stuff, and we weren't going to take it back. If we would've taken the stuff back, I'm sure there would've been some unpleasant words exchanged between one of my friends and practically everyone that worked there. The place was tearing itsself apart frome cliqueiness anyway. There was a group of about four brothers/sister/girlfriend that was stealing money from the register and food from the freezer along with being general assholes, half of the servers didn't do their jobs, the assistant manager turned into a real bitch under the influence of her girlfriend, and the store manager was not only a bitch, but she was {censored}ing me and all of the other night servers over by messing around with our claimed tips in the computer so that the store wouldn't have to compensate for the lack of tippage to pay us minimum wage, not to mention the fact that one of the drivers/assistant managers was high and drunk while going on runs, and add to that the fact that my friend who was on the management staff never got his raise that he was due months ago. Of all of the people that work there, I can count on one hand the ones that actually did their jobs well and weren't total dooshes.

[/rant]

• Members

It wasn't really stealing, we just forgot that we had the stuff, and we weren't going to take it back. If we would've taken the stuff back, I'm sure there would've been some unpleasant words exchanged between one of my friends and practically everyone that worked there. The place was tearing itsself apart frome cliqueiness anyway. There was a group of about four brothers/sister/girlfriend that was stealing money from the register and food from the freezer along with being general assholes, half of the servers didn't do their jobs, the assistant manager turned into a real bitch under the influence of her girlfriend, and the store manager was not only a bitch, but she was {censored}ing me and all of the other night servers over by messing around with our claimed tips in the computer so that the store wouldn't have to compensate for the lack of tippage to pay us minimum wage, not to mention the fact that one of the drivers/assistant managers was high and drunk while going on runs, and add to that the fact that my friend who was on the management staff never got his raise that he was due months ago. Of all of the people that work there, I can count on one hand the ones that actually did their jobs well and weren't total dooshes.

[/rant]

freak.gif ^10

• Members

It wasn't really stealing, we just forgot that we had the stuff, and we weren't going to take it back.

confused.gif

freak.gif

If we would've taken the stuff back, I'm sure there would've been some unpleasant words exchanged between one of my friends and practically everyone that worked there. The place was tearing itsself apart frome cliqueiness anyway. There was a group of about four brothers/sister/girlfriend that was stealing money from the register and food from the freezer along with being general assholes, half of the servers didn't do their jobs, the assistant manager turned into a real bitch under the influence of her girlfriend, and the store manager was not only a bitch, but she was {censored}ing me and all of the other night servers over by messing around with our claimed tips in the computer so that the store wouldn't have to compensate for the lack of tippage to pay us minimum wage, not to mention the fact that one of the drivers/assistant managers was high and drunk while going on runs, and add to that the fact that my friend who was on the management staff never got his raise that he was due months ago. Of all of the people that work there, I can count on one hand the ones that actually did their jobs well and weren't total dooshes.

[/rant]

freak.gif

Sounds like time for anonymous letter to regional management... wink.gif

I don't see how she can mess with tips without irritating customers and their credit card companies...