I am the Thread Killer

T-40

• Members

It does suck, we've got a really strange schedule. We start class next thursday, get a week for fall break (after midterms in Oct.), finish class before xmas, go back a few days after new years, have 9 days for "reading period," whereafter any class that requires a final paper is due on "dean's date" at the end of reading period. Then we have roughly two weeks after that for final exams, and a one week intersession. Our second semester starts at the beginning of february.

Strange stuff.

• Members

Originally posted by niomosy

Hey, Zamfir! How was the trip? Hopefully the shortened trip didn't suck too much frown.gif

It was OK.

We made it to the family/clan dinner the night before the wedding. Sunday it took us over an hour to get to the farkin' Avis rental car place to add my name to my brother's rented car. (Farkin' Valley maps don't list the 25 blocks in between the shop and the Ventura Freeway... mad.gif )

So then the wife decides she just HAS to see the ocean instead of letting me spend time with the family, so we shoot out Topanga Canyon Blvd., got stuck in traffic in Malibu, couldn't find the beach I was looking for, pulled a U-turn, ooh and ahhed for five minutes by some lifeguard hut overlooking rocks and no beach, and hightailed it back another 30+ minutes, with a lunch stop at some overpriced hippie Topanga Canyon sandwich shop that does not serve even a Coke (just overpriced organic sodas) to get my brother and go back to the hotel to change just in time for the wedding.

mad.gif

Meeting the family was great. Meeting my dad after 6 years was easier than I thought it would be, but not exactly a barrel of laughs.

I'm glad I got to see my cousin get married. 'Bout time, she's ten years older than I am. biggrin.gif

Other than that... confused.gif

• Members

Originally posted by bringtherock

And we start 2 weeks later than everyone else. frown.gif

This time of year is the worst, most of my friends are gone and i'm itching to get back...but my best friend is taking the semester off so we still get to chill.

Plus i've been away for 9 months, so another 4 days is NOTHING.

true

I wonder why they start so late. confused.gif

• Members

Originally posted by Zamfir

It was OK.

We made it to the family/clan dinner the night before the wedding. Sunday it took us over an hour to get to the farkin' Avis rental car place to add my name to my brother's rented car. (Farkin' Valley maps don't list the 25 blocks in between the shop and the Ventura Freeway... mad.gif )

So then the wife decides she just HAS to see the ocean instead of letting me spend time with the family, so we shoot out Topanga Canyon Blvd., got stuck in traffic in Malibu, couldn't find the beach I was looking for, pulled a U-turn, ooh and ahhed for five minutes by some lifeguard hut overlooking rocks and no beach, and hightailed it back another 30+ minutes, with a lunch stop at some overpriced hippie Topanga Canyon sandwich shop that does not serve even a Coke (just overpriced organic sodas) to get my brother and go back to the hotel to change just in time for the wedding.

mad.gif

Meeting the family was great. Meeting my dad after 6 years was easier than I thought it would be, but not exactly a barrel of laughs.

I'm glad I got to see my cousin get married. 'Bout time, she's ten years older than I am. biggrin.gif

Other than that... confused.gif

Doesn't sound entirely bad. Glad things were easier than expected with your dad. I had about 2 years or so of that with my mom and we met up at my uncle's wedding. Funny how these things work.

You shoulda just called and asked for directions. That or at least have listened to the directions I gave you to get to Zuma or Malibu tongue.gif

• Members

Doesn't sound entirely bad. Glad things were easier than expected with your dad. I had about 2 years or so of that with my mom and we met up at my uncle's wedding. Funny how these things work.

You shoulda just called and asked for directions. That or at least have listened to the directions I gave you to get to Zuma or Malibu tongue.gif

i was short on time and Internet connections... mad.giftongue.gif

I know where Malibu is, not a problem, but the traffic kept us from getting to the bird sanctuary area thingy. frown.gif

• Members

Originally posted by Zamfir

i was short on time and Internet connections... mad.giftongue.gif

I know where Malibu is, not a problem, but the traffic kept us from getting to the bird sanctuary area thingy. frown.gif

Ya know, I'm a damn native and I've never been there. I went to Zuma a lot as a kid since that's where the family always went. Once I was a teen, it was Hermosa and Manhattan beaches for me since the surf was generally friendlier and more attractive girls. Plus lots more beach volleyball (back when I still played beach).

• Members

Ya know, I'm a damn native and I've never been there. I went to Zuma a lot as a kid since that's where the family always went. Once I was a teen, it was Hermosa and Manhattan beaches for me since the surf was generally friendlier and more attractive girls. Plus lots more beach volleyball (back when I still played beach).

That I can understand. biggrin.gif

I like tromping on beaches just to remind the Malibu types that the plebes have a right to enjoy the same scarce resource. biggrin.gif