I am the Thread Killer

T-40

• Members

Originally posted by Zamfir

...Fed Ex is going to leave Mrs. Niomosy on my doorstep?

You are too kind! thumb.gif

*thinks of the peace and quiet of a day without Mrs. Nio around*

*recalls that Baby Nio wasn't sent and there will be no peace and quiet*

*recalls package from FedEx*

Maybe I'll just send the food instead tongue.gif

• Members

Originally posted by Thumper

You're not originally from Yorkshire, are you?

Wakefield born and bred. What gave it away? biggrin.gif

Dad's a Yorkshireman, Mum's a true Cockney.

Hi Mel!! wave.gif Long time no see!!

...you had a chipped butt for lunch? confused.gif

Yeah, HC is banned at work, but eBassist isn't. I only come here in the holidays now that I can't get on at work.

Chip butty. Chipped and fried potatoes in bread - mine was a bread roll. Mmmm....

chipbutty_1.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by Melanie

If you'd bothered to read the link... rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif

I don't eat beef anyway (doctor's orders - red meat, wine and caffeine are all banned), but traditionally the chip butty is supposed to be cheap. Adding meat to it would make it expensive.

I did read the link tongue.gif

I still think it's missing a hamburger. At least, that's what we'd do with our burgers in the 'states sometimes; throw some fries/chips in tongue.gif

I do like the idea of curry, though. There's a pub in San Diego that makes decent curry fries thumb.gif

I was expecting Indian curry, though. It was Asian style brown curry instead. I'm guessing Hong Kong inspired? confused.gif I still think some good makhni sauce (aka buttered chicken) with fries/chips would taste great. I've gotta try this one of these days biggrin.gif

• Members

Originally posted by niomosy

That just doesn't sound right. It's missing something. Like... a hamburger with the frie... errr chips biggrin.gif

+1.

The basic make-up of a chip butty is chips sandwiched between two slices of buttered white bread, doused with salt and vinegar. Variations however, do exist including tomato ketchup, British chip-shop curry sauce and gravy.

It's like...one giant, dry carbohydrate with no staying power...ready to suck all your water out and leave you hungry in 30-45 minutes. confused.gif

biggrin.gif

OK, ketchup, curry sauce or gravy would wet it a bit, but still.

Seriously, I'm trying to figure out why you'd put fries on bread without at least something like, say, melted cheese...

• Members

+1.

The basic make-up of a chip butty is chips sandwiched between two slices of buttered white bread, doused with salt and vinegar. Variations however, do exist including tomato ketchup, British chip-shop curry sauce and gravy.

It's like...one giant, dry carbohydrate with no staying power...ready to suck all your water out and leave you hungry in 30-45 minutes. confused.gif

biggrin.gif

Seriously, I'm trying to figure out why you'd put fries on bread without at least something like, say, melted cheese...

you should see it when they put chips on pizza.

• Members

Originally posted by Melanie

Wakefield born and bred. What gave it away? biggrin.gif

Dad's a Yorkshireman, Mum's a true Cockney.

Bet you eat tomato bap, too. biggrin.gif

A guy at work was born in Yorkshire. He waxes rhapsodic about chip butty, tomato bap, Oxo, roast beef and Yorkshire pudding. He's taught half the staff to say 'Ta' in lieu of 'Thanks.' Great guy.

• Members

No joke? Pics? confused.gif

I told you we left the home island unsupervised too long!! mad.gif

Apparently, their new "ground" connection to the mainland hasn't fully helped things out rolleyes.gif

And... chips on pizza!?

I thought the Chinese were nuts for trying to put mayo on my fried shrimp dumplings at the dim sum place! (no joke)

• Members

You fill up my senses

Like a gallon of Magnet

Like a packet of Woodbine

Like a good pinch of snuff

Like a night out in Sheffield

Like a greasy chip butty

Like Sheffield United

Come fill me again....

Na Na Naa Naa Naa Naaa Naaaaa, ooo!

• Members

Originally posted by niomosy

Apparently, their new "ground" connection to the mainland hasn't fully helped things out rolleyes.gif

That depends on what end of the telescope you're looking through. It has succeeded marvelously in getting French youth and the occasional employed adult to chow down on McD's.

I'm not kiddin', McD patrons are on the rise over there, as are the waistlines...

• Members

Oh, and I'm thinking of smuggling a microwave over there so that I can hum the Marseillaise while I reheat certain beverages.

Going to be tough to be there at the right place and time to catch fruno passing through, though. frown.gif

• Members

Oh, and I'm thinking of smuggling a microwave over there so that I can hum the Marseillaise while I reheat certain beverages.

Going to be tough to be there at the right place and time to catch fruno passing through, though. frown.gif

The French don't have microwaves confused.gif

• Members

Originally posted by Thumper

Bet you eat tomato bap, too. biggrin.gif

A guy at work was born in Yorkshire. He waxes rhapsodic about chip butty, tomato bap, Oxo, roast beef and Yorkshire pudding. He's taught half the staff to say 'Ta' in lieu of 'Thanks.' Great guy.

Nope. I've never even heard of tomato bap and have no idea what he's talking about. I'm sure I wouldn't like it though - I hate tomatoes in any form. I also don't like Oxo and don't eat beef. Yorkshire pudding though - food of the Gods!