We walked out Tuesday

KeysBear

• Members

That reminds me of one thing we did once. You see there's this small bar near where we rehearse that keeps calling us back (mostly because they won't pay a proper salary so they have a hard time getting good bands booked). Since it's so close we accept to do it, we see it as a paid practice and an occasion to get drunk for free.

Lately, our plan has been to be the least professional possible (cause we don't mind never going back). We get drunk before we even begin, fool around between songs, do belching contests, learn (and butcher) songs on the fly, play Sweet Home Alabama, get off stage to go take a piss, do a 2 hours first set and then cut the second set after 20 minutes.

We have a few running gags in the band, that only we understand. One of them is the "free song". You know, when we feel like playing a song that just doesn't fit the venue, we proudly announces to the audience that the next song is free and we won't charge the owner for it (which really doesn't mean anything...).

So what we did was do a free song which consisted of all four of us playing a different song at the same time without consulting each other. Imagine 4 drunk idiots on stage, each playing a competely different song and being the only ones thinking it's funny. I was laughing so hard I was crying.

The worst part is that, people in the audience were cheering! This just goes to prove one thing: when playing bars, people don't care how well you play, they want to see you having a good time.

Another running gag of us is insulting the audience in a way that they don't understand. This came from listening to a live CD where the singer screams something at the end of a song that is just impossible to understand, but with enough imagination sounds like "Vous

• Members

^ that's quite funny.

with regards to the free song. I saw a folk jam with a guy who works in a decent mom and pop music shop not far from here as the band leader.

one of his mates was in the audience and he kept asking him to come up and play a song and the guy kept refusing, when he finally had enough beer in him to go for it he said k lets do song X in E....

as pre determined by the music store guy, every instrument started playing in a different key and his mate spent 3 minutes tryng to sing in key with anything he could make sense out of.

Was pretty funny.

now and again if i feel like being a prick i twiddle my bro's tuners when he's int he middle of a solo or move cymbals he's about to hit if he;s drumming.

Archived