What do you do for crowd involvement?

72 bonne

• Members

I often go play the guitar and circle pit with them. Then again, I often play at a small punk club without a stage, a glorified house show really, and I play through a {censored}ty Epiphone Strat copy...so I don't mind {censored}in' {censored} up.

• Members

when ever we tune to down to drop d (at least the bass player will have to tune), we usually announce it. I'll say "we're going down to d.....and what's d for? (one of our people in the audience says) "DRUNK"!!!! me--- "thats right....that's where I am, and where you should be...everyone get drink in your had.....now, on three everyone say "D is for drunk....one.. two ...three....."

if there is little crowd response, then say "HEY!!PAY ATTENTION...there WILL be a quiz...now--on three......"

gets 'em every time.

:D

• Members

I've often said , dammit , i'm a guitar player, not a comedian! But it's cool if you can get people riled up. We have a few gimmick songs that require the crowd to shout {censored} out. Somtimes it works, somtimes not. Otherwise in these parts a common thing is to yell, Sociable and thats like a rally for everyone to grab a drink. We've done loosly set up dance contests with the winner gettin a pitcher or somthing. Mostly chicks dig on that so you have to tell the guys that the one makin the biggest fool out of himself will get 2 pitchers. Had some fun with that. I've seen some "show bands" that have had like a wheel of fortune thing on stage with a few contestants but I thought that was pushin it. Otherwise I prefer to just keep bringin the tunes to avoid havin to say anything.

• Members

Originally posted by axe2 2001

I've often said , dammit , i'm a guitar player, not a comedian! But it's cool if you can get people riled up. We have a few gimmick songs that require the crowd to shout {censored} out. Somtimes it works, somtimes not. Otherwise in these parts a common thing is to yell, Sociable and thats like a rally for everyone to grab a drink. We've done loosly set up dance contests with the winner gettin a pitcher or somthing. Mostly chicks dig on that so you have to tell the guys that the one makin the biggest fool out of himself will get 2 pitchers. Had some fun with that. I've seen some "show bands" that have had like a wheel of fortune thing on stage with a few contestants but I thought that was pushin it. Otherwise I prefer to just keep bringin the tunes to avoid havin to say anything.

where are you from? I recently had a conversation with some Canadians and they say "sociable" but around here we say "social."

crazy canucks

:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by Dr. Jimmy

:rolleyes:

what's wrong with that? getting chicks up onstage gets them into it and does tend to make other people take more notice because you;re interacting more than most bands.

ways I'll get people in on it: again the chick thing, start playing mustang sally and say something to the effect of: i need someone to come up help me on the chorus. when drunk guy shouts me you say: you're boobs are too small (or big depending how fat he is) hopefully you'll get a hot chick or two, or you could try and get as many folk on stage as humanly possible and hope they dont knock anything over or step on a pedal.

we've got a big gig lined up for freshers week when all the unis go back and it's a new massive club right in the middle of the student scene so it's going to be heaving. All it's going to take is how many people from caley do we have here? how many from glasgow? how many from strathclyde? breaking down songs and getting each uni to sing the loudest.

{censored} like that sounds cheesy and contrived when you read it but you know as well as i do when you're at one of your favourite bands gigs and they start pullign all the {censored} out of crowd participation for dummies you get right into it.

one thing I'm going to try is putting a pad and pen down for requests. if someone actually puts a request on we can do then fair enough we'll run it but the main reason is in the 2nd set between song 3 or 4 or something I'll go through it and it'll go something like:

k, who asked for (insert cheesy {censored}ty song) ? didn;'t think you'd admit to it

bass player, you're hot please phone 07... I'll be havign that (goes in pocket)

ah here's one we can do (which may just by total and utter coincidence be a tune we're tight tighter than a nuns {censored} at and can really rock out on ):D

making little comments to the crowd and stuff too. a great covers band I knows singer starts kinda marching around when they play the stones heartbreaker and it always ends up with some hot chick using him as a makeshift pole dance, he just sings along sayign {censored} like: it's a hard hard job but someones gotta do it... everyone loves it.

my personaly favourite is my momma warned me bout girls like you :cool:

• Members

Originally posted by worthyjoe

where are you from? I recently had a conversation with some Canadians and they say "sociable" but around here we say "social."

crazy canucks

:cool:

This is what we do.

Coincidentally, Our last song of the night is usually "ball and chain" by social distortion and in the middle of the chorus' where it slows right down we take about a 30 second break and scream "SOCIAL". At this point everybody tips up and starts drinking and then we go back in to the song for one more time around.

Even the people that don't know this song can get in to it.

• Members

We've had lots of women come up and do the backgrounds on Sympathy for the Devil. Usually they come up by themselves, sometimes it just takes a little coaxing.

Perhaps the worst was when I'd had too much to drink and whilst doing Ball and Chain in the encore I waited for that last pause and shouted "Right, who wants to take me home and {censored} me!" More guys shouted "me!!!!"

• Members

I was in a band in VT that was part original and part cover. The writers/frontmen were really talented and wrote really fun rockin songs. Everyone dug the originals as much as the covers.

Well anyway, this song kind of evolved form not remembering the words to Stir It Up. It became Panties For Jah. The frontman was a funny guy and wrote this whole song about, well, panties for Jah. We went to walmart and got a whole bunch of the biggest most obnoxious panties we could find. Zebra stripe, leopard, big flowers etc. We would throw them out into the crowd during this song. The crowd freakin LOVED IT!!! Chicks would throw em around and throw em at us. Then, they would start showing us their panties, taking them off and throwing them at us!!! It was awesome!!! It was amazing the effect it had on these girls! Best thing we ever came up with...Came to be known as the "pantie bomb". Playing the rest of the set with panties on your head all over your gear is a very distinct experience.

At another point of the show, during a particularly rockin original, The singer would anounce "ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the jumping up and down portion of the show". We would all jump up and down playing the chorus in staccatto stabs watching the "scenery" as the crowd would bounce with us!

• Members

To get audiance attention .............

1) Drop the volume to a whisper.........in the middle of a song.........ie. listen to Joe Walsh's live Rocky Mountain Way.

2)Get your worst singer in the Band to sing a song and when he is finished , get one of the other other band members to say over the mic. " er...John ( singers name ) , had a bad pint earlier" ........walk away from mic ....come back to it again in a hurry and say " err. by the way , I just like to say he didnt get THAT pint in this Bar...( in a sort of apologetic tone ) "

Archived