That F()@%er Did It Again!!!

mstreck

• Members

I had posted a few weeks ago about our bitter ex-singer cancelling a gig.

Well. he did it again.

After the first time, we called around and double-checked our bookings. Everything else was still a "go". But when our drummer called to RE-confirm tomorrow night's gig, he was told that someone called saying that we broke up and we needed to cancel the gig.

I can't remember the last time I was this {censored}ing pissed at someone.

Mike

• Members

i have had the unfortunate privilage of having to fire band members before and have worried about them canceling a gig behind our backs. when we fire someone(only been two) i call all our bookings and reasure them that all bookings and booking related questions go through me and nobody else. any member of our band can get bookings the finalizing must go through me. it makes things simpler but it is more work for me.

kevin james

www.monkeyboneband.com

• Members

Geeeeez Mike - that's horrible! What a jerk!

I agree with the others that you should work it out with the venue bookers at future gigs and let them know not to accept cancellations from anyone but you. Sheeeesh.... I thought I'd heard it all but this forum tells me otherwise every day. :D

• Members

Well... after I did a little bit of investigating/research, I found out that he's in a new band and that they may have a gig on a particular date.

Not that we'd do anything to sabotage their gig, but we may all just show up and let him know that we're there. Perhaps by standing right in front of him while he's on stage.

And we have some other ideas.

Mike

• Members

Originally posted by mstreck

Well... after I did a little bit of investigating/research, I found out that he's in a new band and that they may have a gig on a particular date.

Mike

That guy sucked. You mean to tell me he actually found another band that wanted him, AND they got a gig?!

Jeeze, those club owners in your area must be really hard up!

• Members

From what I've heard of the other guys, they seem talented. Maybe they were desperate? Who knows?

I'm guessing that one of the other guys in his band must have booked the gig. Probably knows the owner or something.

Sooner or later he's going to have to sing something live. They'll learn their lesson pretty quickly.

Mike

• Members

Mike is an evil genius and will handle Diva Pink accordingly. (This is Mike's drummer, BTW.) I love the suggestion from the gentleman from Russia (Zdrasty!) Revenge is a dish best served cold; in this case I can think of no other appropriate measure for Diva Pink other than to get kicked out of his new band -- that will happen, in due time.

In the mean time, I think Mike should post the raw mix of "Surrender" on the JTP website under a special heading like: whoa... can you believe a human being could make sounds like that?

Peace, Love and Soul

• Members

I have a hard time letting people get away with malicious crap like that. At the very least his new band would know what he was up to. Before I had a private personal chat with the boy, I'd have to be damn sure that he was the perp.

What he's doing is probably a violation of crimminal codes. Make a complaint to the police.

• Members

Originally posted by john_jtp

Mike is an evil genius and will handle Diva Pink accordingly. (This is Mike's drummer, BTW.) I love the suggestion from the gentleman from Russia (Zdrasty!) Revenge is a dish best served cold; in this case I can think of no other appropriate measure for Diva Pink other than to get kicked out of his new band -- that will happen, in due time.

In the mean time, I think Mike should post the raw mix of "Surrender" on the JTP website under a special heading like: whoa... can you believe a human being could make sounds like that?

Peace, Love and Soul

Your Mike's drummer???

I've seen you play. You totally kick ass.

Tell you what. The member who carries your band is the bass player. That guys is the most kick-ass bass player I've ever seen Besides being dead on with his rhythm he's a damn fine-lookin' man. You guys probably consider yourself lucky to have such a great guy in your band.

This is just a joke

I mean bass players like that are hard to find. Dont let him go. In fact if I were in your band I'd give him an extra share of gig money to keep him happy. It won't be long before talent scouts are all over that guy.

I repeat this is just a joke

TODD IS AN ASSHOLE

• Members

Thanks for the compliment. I wish I could say the same for our bass player. I mean his bass playing isn't *that* bad but the dude has a tendency to drink a lot before gigs, get totally plastered, and then ask me to check him if he pissed himself. Oh the inhumanity.

Originally posted by Les_Izzmor

Your Mike's drummer???

I've seen you play. You totally kick ass.

Tell you what. The member who carries your band is the bass player. That guys is the most kick-ass bass player I've ever seen Besides being dead on with his rhythm he's a damn fine-lookin' man. You guys probably consider yourself lucky to have such a great guy in your band.

This is just a joke

I mean bass players like that are hard to find. Dont let him go. In fact if I were in your band I'd give him an extra share of gig money to keep him happy. It won't be long before talent scouts are all over that guy.

I repeat this is just a joke

TODD IS AN ASSHOLE

• Members

Originally posted by mstreck

Not that we'd do anything to sabotage their gig, but we may all just show up and let him know that we're there. Perhaps by standing right in front of him while he's on stage.

And we have some other ideas.

Mike

Boot party!

BK

• Members

Originally posted by Les_Izzmor

You must be talking about our NEW bass player.... certainly not the old one.

{censored} TODD

Mike

Archived