Demo CD for Promo Pack

ned911

• Members

Our demo was recorded back in 2003 in a studio. All things considered, it worked out well, but since then we have acquired the equipment to do our own PC-based recording, either on Cakewalk or ProTools. We also used demo tracks on compilations and to send to labels, so I'm glad we did it in a studio...but now we have the resources to do a recording of equal quality on our own.

Consider the desired outcome and weigh it against how much time and money you want to spend.

• Members

We did a studio demo recording. Instead of recording entire songs, we just did a verse, a chorus and a lead. I faded out on the lead. We have five songs on our demo.

Since we are a show band and that is hard to get across with an audio demo, I added crowd noises, applause, etc. to the studio recording and made it sound like a live performance before a large audience.

Works great..

• Members

That is counter to my experience. Most of the gigs we book are because the folks hiring liked the promo pack and listened to the Demo CD.

In fact, our promo pack is basically our web page and many folks, after viewing the web page still request a demo CD. We have one tune on our site, but folks usually want the whole demo.

When I book bands I insist on a demo and then if I like the group, I try to hear them live before booking them.

Archived