cover: Here I Go Again - worth doing

ned911

• Members

We are thinking of adding Whitesnake's Here I Go Again to our set list. However, it seems any time you play something unde 105 bpm it just kills the crowd - like taking the air out of a ballon.

Anyone have experience playing Here I Go? is it a set killer? or will people actually dance to it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by Goddany

My band does the 'radio' version. It's slightly faster and the whole band starts at once, rather than a long keyboard intro. The solo is different as well....but the album version fits just fine.

The album version had Sykes on guitar....the "radio" version was recut using Dan Huff.

Interesting differences in their approach to the lead break....

• Members

Originally posted by ned911

We are thinking of adding Whitesnake's Here I Go Again to our set list. However, it seems any time you play something unde 105 bpm it just kills the crowd - like taking the air out of a ballon.

Anyone have experience playing Here I Go? is it a set killer? or will people actually dance to it.

We've been considering adding it too. We learned it a while ago, but haven't put it in a set yet.

It's not really a dance song, more a sing along.

• Members

You know, not every song has to make everyone in the audience stand up and dance. If you want to come back you have to sell beer, so you've got to let them buy beer...

As long as you come out strong right after.

Last weekend we played a 3 hours straight gig because the crowd came alive just as we were about to take a break.

The owner of the bar said we did a kick ass show, but he didn't sell much cause we kept the audience captivated the whole night.

The following night we took a break...

Archived