Your Best/Worst Wedding Gig Story

Mr. Botch

• Members

mine isnt as good as GZsound's ;) and i was dj'ing but anyway...

the party was at a mountain resort, it was an hours drive down to the city so most of the older folks left right after the ceremony at around 5pm...

the kids would have left too but i was keeping them entertained playing some house, with some 80s synthpop, new wave, cheese disco and even rock mixed in...fun stuff...

the asshole tweaker groom decides it wasnt "party" enough and asked me to play some tupac:confused: i didnt have any hiphop with me since a) i dont liek the newer stuff b) the contact guy got me because i played house primarily

so i find a couple hiphop songs, then the idiot groom comes back with some cd's...he had me go through the songs one by one til he found the one he wanted:mad: killed the dancefloor right there...i just left the dumbasses to play their gangsta cds and looked for the guy who was to pay me...

turned out he got drunk, said something inappropriate to the family on the mic, and left:mad: so im stuck on the mountain, with no ride and i have to ask the asshole drunken groom for my money and a ride home

he got it together though and didnt give me a hard time and while he was scrounging around i drank some more of his booze

• Members

I don't have a memorable best but I do have a worst: We played a biker wedding at a local hall. One of the new mothers in law got a look she didn't like from the other one and before the smoke cleared all women from both sides were duking it out on top top of the buffet tables. Potato salad and baked beans were flung from one end of the room to the other.

The men all laughed and cheered them on until the police came and threw us all out.

The owner took everybody the small claims court for damages but the judge let my band out because we had no dog in the fight.

We never played, didn't get paid and had to go to court. However the huge cat/food fight was highly entertaining.:D

Archived