New Years Eve DWI Stop!

summit111

• Members

There was a bit on tv a while ago showing the results of drinking and then driving while still under the limit.

They took five people, took them round a test course set out and everyone got round it without any mishaps at all, they then took them to a pub, gave them a drink or two (so a couple of drinks, but still under the limit) sat them down for a while as you might do when you go out for lunch or whatever, then took them round the course again.

Every one of them vowed to stop drinking before getting in the car, even though every one was under the limit, when they did the course again there was a fair difference in their skills, knocking over cones that they had cleared sober.

David

• Members

Originally posted by The*Ataris

Exactly, what's on your breath can really depend on numerous different things--they're just making an estimation. Your blood alcohol content is your blood alcohol content.

My drummer got pulled over this summer at about 10 am. We had played a show the night before and drank pretty heavily afterward. He drove home "hungover" and blew a .08 (the legal limit) on the side of the road. They took him in and offered him a blood test (he didn't know better) and it ended up hurting him in the long run. The blood test was over an hour later and it registered a .15 ...

Though his charges ended up getting dropped to a DWI later on, he would have been better off without the blood test...

Kind of made us wonder what we would have blown at 2 or 3 AM...

:freak:

A lot of people dont realize this, it takes a LONG time for alcohol to clear your system. A night of heavy drinking that goes until 2 or 3 am can leave you well over the legal limit the next day until noon or so! :eek:

• Members

My Brothers,

The thread seems to be losing the focus of the original post.

I definitely support the idea of not driving while impaired in any shape or form. That includes alcohol, drugs, cell phones, or just plain tired. We don't need impaired drivers on the road at all.

I was, and still am PO'd at the tactics of local cops in their enforcement methods. For them to single out an "easy stop" is in my opinion wrong. Again, thugs with tinted windows, 20" rims, and loud stereos always get a pass. Too much trouble to stop. I support DWI check points and road blocks.

Check everyone coming through! The public supports that kind of enforcement. There was one a few days ago and they caught several drunk drivers. Good!

• Members

Originally posted by summit111

My Brothers,

Again, thugs with tinted windows, 20" rims, and loud stereos always get a pass. Too much trouble to stop. I support DWI check points and road blocks.

Check everyone coming through! The public supports that kind of enforcement. There was one a few days ago and they caught several drunk drivers. Good!

So you're saying that anyone who drives a car with tinted windows and 20" rims is a thug:confused: :rolleyes:

• Members

My Brothers,

The thread seems to be losing the focus of the original post.

I definitely support the idea of not driving while impaired in any shape or form. That includes alcohol, drugs, cell phones, or just plain tired. We don't need impaired drivers on the road at all.

I was, and still am PO'd at the tactics of local cops in their enforcement methods. For them to single out an "easy stop" is in my opinion wrong. Again, thugs with tinted windows, 20" rims, and loud stereos always get a pass. Too much trouble to stop. I support DWI check points and road blocks.

I'm not following just what IS "the focus of the original post"

Are you ticked that YOU got pulled over? What exactly are you mad about, you didnt even get a ticket. Oh wait, he made you walk from your truck to his cruiser. Yea, that's definatly police brutality Rodney King style right there.

The prick pulled me over and said I was hugging the right line on the road.

Ah, I see. So on NYE, one of the worst nights for drunk drivers (and cops), this cop spots a car hugging the right side of the road (usually a sure sign of a drunk driver) and he is a prick...why?

Because he didnt pull over the car with spinners and mags that was obviously NOT driving like a drunk?

:rolleyes:

Who is the one stereotyping here?

• Members

Originally posted by tucktronix

So you're saying that anyone who drives a car with tinted windows and 20" rims is a thug:confused:
:rolleyes:

Yeah, and they're too much trouble to stop, too. The poor old officer might just have to write out a ticket or something. It must be hard meeting a quota for tickets written when you don't stop the ones you know would get tickets. It's a much better use of their time to stop middle aged white people who aren't doing anything wrong.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like there's something wrong with this picture.

• Members

Yes, and if you were to ask the "thugs with tinted windows, 20" rims, and loud stereos", which must be code for "black folks" where you live (I'm assuming this since you made sure to point out that you were white), I'm pretty sure they could all tell you some nightmare stories about getting pulled over by the police just for being the wrong color in the wrong part of town. I wouldn't want to trade places with them for anything.

• Members

Originally posted by Rich4Once

Yeah, and they're too much trouble to stop, too. The poor old officer might just have to write out a ticket or something. It must be hard meeting a quota for tickets written when you don't stop the ones you know would get tickets. It's a much better use of their time to stop middle aged white people who aren't doing anything wrong.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like there's something wrong with this picture.

Ok...

So the cops should pull over every "thug" driving flashy cars with 20" rims and tinted windows. Hell... lets go even deeper to add the vintage 62' Chevys' with the hydraulics and the boomin' sounds... forget about the middle-aged white person driving the plain jane car. Your logic is misguided at best.

In essence, quit your whining and be thankful that the cops were doing their job

• Members

My Brothers,

A "thug with tinted windows, 20" rims, and a loud stereo" was pulled over by the local cops this year, not too far from my house. He tried to run over the (3) cops that stopped him. As the black cop tried to arrest him, he fought with cop over his gun. Another cop ran to the drivers side to assist his fellow officer.

The "thug" took the officers gun and shot the assisting officer, just above his bullet proof vest and killed him instantly. The "thug" had just gotten out of Angola Penitentiary for cocaine distribution. The officer killed was my son's friend. He was 30 years old. In the car was a stolen gun, and close to a pound of cocaine.

The cops, both white and black, here are very hesitant to pull over "thugs" when they are alone, and tend to pull over white people who they deem safe after running their plates. I don't care for those tactics. Go after the trouble makers.

I don't use "code words." I say what I mean.

• Members

Originally posted by vanlatte

A lot of people dont realize this, it takes a LONG time for alcohol to clear your system. A night of heavy drinking that goes until 2 or 3 am can leave you well over the legal limit the next day until noon or so!
:eek:

Alcohol leaves the body at the rate of 1oz. per hour.

• Members

The California Highway Patrol has been REALLY aggressive lately. A co-worker was pulled over returning from a gig (3 AM, sure) absolutely sober and kept waiting while the officer virtually took his car apart. I was pulled over a month ago around noon on a Saturday (I haven't had any intoxicants in nearly 10 years) and subjected to an unbelievable battery of questions. The CHP officer must have been hearing impaired-he needed every other answer repeated. He kept me waiting by the side of the freeway while he put a drug sniffing dog in my truck and tapped on the side of the windows and metal where he wanted the dog (name: Bronco) to give extra attention to. Of course, there is nothing in my ride but a CD or two and some jumper cables. At the end of the interview, he gave me a fix-a-ticket for license plate obscured by towing hitch, which I was able to fix and get signed off on the following Monday. The local precinct officer who signed it off never even bothered to look at my truck.

I believe, what they are trying to do is get lucky and find some Methamphetamine couriers. Cooking and dealing speed is a huge business in this part of Cali. I wish them (the CHP) luck with that project, but I really think this officer could have had a lot better discretion. Any bonehead can see I ain't in that racket.

• Members

Ok...

So the cops should pull over every "thug" driving flashy cars with 20" rims and tinted windows. Hell... lets go even deeper to add the vintage 62' Chevys' with the hydraulics and the boomin' sounds... forget about the middle-aged white person driving the plain jane car. Your logic is misguided at best.

In essence, quit your whining and be thankful that the cops were doing their job

Your reading comprehension is poor, if you think I'm the one whining. The OP is saying they should be pulling over the vehicles you describe, while leaving him, the middle-aged white guy, alone. I was pointing out the folly of that line of reasoning. Please, in the future, quote the guy you're talking to. Quoting me, but talking to the OP is confusing at best. :confused:

• Members

Originally posted by Rich4Once

Your reading comprehension is poor, if you think I'm the one whining. The OP is saying they should be pulling over the vehicles you describe, while leaving him, the middle-aged white guy, alone. I was pointing out the folly of that line of reasoning. Please, in the future, quote the guy you're talking to. Quoting me, but talking to the OP is confusing at best.
:confused:

Excuse me, but I just couldn't find the sarcasm in your last post. It was heading in that direction, but it ended up sounding like you were empathising with the OP. I do apologize if I misunderstood you.

• Members

My Brothers,

A "thug with tinted windows, 20" rims, and a loud stereo" was pulled over by the local cops this year, not too far from my house. He tried to run over the (3) cops that stopped him. As the black cop tried to arrest him, he fought with cop over his gun. Another cop ran to the drivers side to assist his fellow officer.

The "thug" took the officers gun and shot the assisting officer, just above his bullet proof vest and killed him instantly. The "thug" had just gotten out of Angola Penitentiary for cocaine distribution. The officer killed was my son's friend. He was 30 years old. In the car was a stolen gun, and close to a pound of cocaine.

The cops, both white and black, here are very hesitant to pull over "thugs" when they are alone, and tend to pull over white people who they deem safe after running their plates. I don't care for those tactics. Go after the trouble makers.

I don't use "code words." I say what I mean.

My Brotha,

While I do empathize with your son for losing his friend, it is still downright stupid to base your conclusions on this. The fact that the original cop tried to arrest him disproves your point. There is nothing in the law here in NY state prohibiting 20" rims and tinted windows(some laws regulate the degree of tinting) and I'm sure there isn't any in your state. So pulling folks over because they fit your inflated description of a "thug" only compounds the very stereotype that you claim to be a victim of.

The police were doing their job, get over it.

• Members

My Brotha,

While I do empathize with your son for losing his friend, it is still downright stupid to base your conclusions on this. The fact that the original cop tried to arrest him disproves your point. There is nothing in the law here in NY state prohibiting 20" rims and tinted windows(some laws regulate the degree of tinting) and I'm sure there isn't any in your state. So pulling folks over because they fit your inflated description of a "thug" only compounds the very stereotype that you claim to be a victim of.

The police were doing their job, get over it.

AbsoMUTHA{censored}IN'lutely!

Archived