The biggest/most expensive gear you lost at a gig?

faroutbob

• Members

I'm a fairly strong person and I make sure my things are heavy. Makes a good deterrent to theft. Most musicians aren't as fortunate.

A bass player I gigged with had a rig that was so heavy he'd leave it outside for at least 15 minutes without worrying one bit because in that time nobody would get very far with it.

• Members

I know where you're coming from.

Kid definitely knew how to get his hands clean quickly. He never fessed up to it, but more than once he told me "You shouldn't have left your car unlocked"

At that very moment you should have waylaid him into unconsciousness, if for no other reason than to let people know that you won't be messed with.

Hope you don't have too many other "friends" like this - others may hear of this and try to take advantage of you too...

• Members

At that very moment you should have waylaid him into unconsciousness, if for no other reason than to let people know that you won't be messed with.

Hope you don't have too many other "friends" like this - others may hear of this and try to take advantage of you too...

Believe it or not, I didn't. I did put on a good show, having a few sXe kids show up and hassle his coked out ass and check through his bedroom and house.

I was much too cautious at the time.

SHOOT FIRST ASK QUESTIONS WHEN THE BLOOD AND DUST SETTLE

• Members

Believe it or not, I didn't. I did put on a good show, having a few sXe kids show up and hassle his coked out ass and check through his bedroom and house.

I was much too cautious at the time.

SHOOT FIRST ASK QUESTIONS WHEN THE BLOOD AND DUST SETTLE

The more you think about it the harder that is to do - so much easier to just let your rage out when he's running his smart mouth.

"Shouldn't have left your car unlocked" - is an arrogant taunt - dude is basically calling you out, laughing in your face.

That's when you lay into him.

I hope you learned your lesson about hanging out with druggies - I refuse to let druggies anywhere near me for these kinds of reasons.

They may be cool but you never know what they'll tell their druggie rat friends...

• Members

1987:

I was hitching a ride with the bass player back when i was poor and didn't even have a car. After a gig, I brought a load of stuff including my Kramer out to his newly painted IROC z-28. He was particular about loading it, and bent over packing stuff in the hatchback, so I laid it on the ground next to his car and went back in for the next load. When i came out, he had driven over to the side of the bulding to aim his headlights. I asked him "Did you get my guitar?" "What guitar" he says. I ran over to where the car was parked and there was the case smashed with the guitar necks sticking out. Good news: I pulled the floyd rose back onto the posts and it was still in tune. Bad news: The fresh paint (matched the z-28) was fuct with a big gash in it. Good news: He gave me a real fender case to replace the {censored}ty Kramer case. Bad news: the guitar was still as {censored}ty as before he ran it over.

The point was that to me, in that second that I thought the guitar was busted, I was very, very poor and that guitar represented just about all I had in the world. That would have sucked. Sorry that some of you guys lost some cool {censored}. Hopefully it wasn't everything.

Archived