Bash on this please!

Damon Holland

• Members

Hey Guys,

I've been on and off of here for years just hanging out. Laughing, sympathizing, and sometimes argueing with all of you! LOL Anyway :blah:

I just read the recent thread where someone posted their myspace link and got some pretty honest responses. (I don't think he was expecting that!) And I realized that I've never shared any of my music with ya'll (Yea...I'm from Texas :cool: )

So for your :poke: pleasure. Check out http://www.myspace.com/theemilystillband

I know what's wrong with it. I'm sure you'll have fun picking out what you don't like :lol:

BTW... Don't expect anything groundbreaking or progressive. It's just music. It actually ryhmes and repeats :bor:

So....flame retardent suit on.... Let me have it! :freak:

:cop: No direct insults to my manhood please... I can get that at home!

DH - This should be fun :thu:

• Members

Well... :D

The music is pretty good.

Although... your ad should say "looking for a drummer who can sing lead". ;)

And your "sounds like" blurb should probably read Crazy Horse, Foghat, and Humble Pie instead of Rush and Led Zeppelin.

I didn't hear any of those two bands in your music, other than the second song which sounds a lot (too much, actually) like the intro to "Fly By Night".

• Members

Y'all are a really tight band. (I'm not from Texas but from SE New Mexico-close enough, believe me) I'll bet you're really good live. Songwriting is a bit generic, but keep writing-that's how ya improve. My wife's from Houston, so maybe I can check y'all out next time we're there. Stay with it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

i listened to " the way it goes". above average but far from pro song writing. needs better dynamics. i'm hearing a better build up in the begining. maybe have a guitar start at the 7th bar... chug chug chug chug chug chug chug chug then BAM!! GUITAR SOLO. 8 bars or whatever it is for the solo then accent the last two notes with syncopated crashes... BAM rest BAM rest ( or however it fits into the rhythm) now you are starting the verse. drop the palm muted guitar and use just bass and drums. vocals start in just like you have it, i liked that. add in instraments as the verse progresses. get rid of the backing vocals and have a guitar or keyboard come in there instead.. build up into your hook better somehow.. maybe with a new bridge or maybe with the drums better somehow. use powerfull drawn out power chords during the hook behind the main guitar lick. directly out of the hook into the 2nd verse just like you have it, but this time, keep the palm muted guitar going for the second verse. this way you break up the song and it does not sound as repeatitive ( even though the main lick idea never changes ) drop the guitar solo down in a different key with a different part behind the solo. come up with a bridge to get back into the main key and riff of the song. cut back to just bass and drums.. build into the hook and repeat the hook over and over to end the song. thats how i would do it, but who am i? i did enjoy the song though. i like the lyrical melody.

Archived