Modern Covers

sventvkg

• Members

I'm playing Solo acoustic but I can rock it up quite a bit and fill it out. That said, I don't know anything that is current on the radio or has been current since about 03 or so as it doesn't seem like there is much for me to do. I do the new Springsteen, newer John Mayer, etc.

My question is could some of you suggest current covers from that last 5-6 years that are popular and go over well? I would really appreciate it as I need to learn some badly!!! :cool: Thanks!

• Members

"Hey There, Delilah" - Plain White T's

"Lonely Day" - System of a Down

"Through Glass" - Stone Sour

I'd to second The Plain White T's i love the melody in that song

Any of Jack Johnson's popular songs like "Sitting, Watching, Waiting" or "Good People" should go over great.

• Members

"Hey There, Delilah" - Plain White T's

"Lonely Day" - System of a Down

"Through Glass" - Stone Sour

I've heard that plain White Tee's song..I guess I'll pick that one up....System of a down acoustic I don't think i'm going to be able to do...never heard of Stone Sour or any of their songs....Thanks.

• Members

I'd to second The Plain White T's i love the melody in that song

Any of Jack Johnson's popular songs like "Sitting, Watching, Waiting" or "Good People" should go over great.

Yea I get requests for Jack Johnson all the time..I had his first 2 albums but nothing hit me enough to learn but people sure seem to like him..I'll pick on up for sure, thanks!

• Members

If you can get over the band name "death cab for cutie", the song "I will follow you into the dark" is a decent modern acoustic song that should get some crowd recognition.

I was going to suggest that but i wasnt sure if anybody whould know them.

I'm from the town they started in and remember several house partys where they played.....they are really all awesome guys.

Soul Meets Body is a good one of theres as well.

• Members

...along those lines, try The Postal Service's "Such Great Heights". I'm pretty sure everyone in the world knows that song by now. Yeah, it's an electro-pop song on the album, but Ben Gibbard does it at solo shows and Iron and Wine does a cool cover of it.

" i="" summon="" you="" rel="">

The Decemberists' "Engine Driver"?

Radiohead's "How to Disappear Completely"?

Arcade Fire's "Intervention"?

Maybe Say Anything's "Alive With the Glory of Love"?

Am I piquing your interest at all? These are a lot of songs I'll play acoustically. I'll keep going if you want...

• Members

If you can get over the band name "death cab for cutie", the song "I will follow you into the dark" is a decent modern acoustic song that should get some crowd recognition.

+1. Amazing {censored}ing song. And more people know it than you would think. It's one of those "Oh, I forgot I love this song!" songs, which I feel make perfect covers.

• Members

...along those lines, try The Postal Service's "Such Great Heights". I'm pretty sure everyone in the world knows that song by now. Yeah, it's an electro-pop song on the album, but Ben Gibbard does it at solo shows and Iron and Wine does a cool cover of it.

• Members

the john mayer stuff goes over well for me, but you must play his songs prior to the portion of your set where you drink a great deal...also...crooked teeth by d.c.f.c. goes big for me and high and dry by radiohead, but it ain't for mediorcre vocalists! Is john mayer the luckiest kid alive, or is it possible that he really is that talented at that young age? b.t. w. .... we're dedicated dock bar warriors all summer long....jack johnson is getting nearly as beaten to death as buffet in that setting.

Archived