ever make promo videos for your band?

• Members

for our cd release show we're thinking about doing a little 5-6 minute video compiled from live footage overlayed with our studio tracks and interspersed with the funniest bits of the hours of video footage we have of us hanging out acting like retards. we tend to just film random crap so we already have loads of stuff. to start with i'm making a few short (

anybody else ever try this? any tips or advice if you have?

[YOUTUBE]ynY_1ER4yLo[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Dale, cut out the first couple of seconds - it's too incoherent. The rest of it is pretty good; the only thing I'd try to add would be a crowd shot or two that shows some lively interaction. It's important for a promoter/venue to see that they are in for an energetic night and a fun crowd, powered by Trains Followed Us. Check out some of the pictures of the band here called TK-sumpin sumpin (I never can remember the whole thing). Just seeing a couple of pictures of the band wailing, with the crowd laughing and responding make me want to see one of their shows. Same with a guy who posts here everynow and then named Scott Powell. You can see that energy flying back and forth between his band and the crowd.

~Blackbelt

• Members

Check out some of the pictures of the band here called TK-sumpin sumpin (I never can remember the whole thing). Just seeing a couple of pictures of the band wailing, with the crowd laughing and responding make me want to see one of their shows.

~Blackbelt

sumpin sumpin=421 :)

[YOUTUBE]buBHBARnB3Q[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

If you're using it for promotion, edit out the parts in which you act like retards.

that'd be hard...we're pretty much all retards all the time.

anyway, i understand that the humor might not hit for everybody but the people we've shown it to so far have thought it was funny. oh well, can't win over everybody with everything.

i do agree some crowd shots would be good....if we had any. we really don't have enough of a draw yet to make crowd shots that don't make us look bad

• Members

i do agree some crowd shots would be good....if we had any. we really don't have enough of a draw yet to make crowd shots that don't make us look bad

Christ, I hear you on that one. I don't think we'd want a shot of the dozen or so old, boring, non-interested people who typically populate the cafe/winery we've been playing lately. :cry:

• Members

i like the skate video idea, but it's been done a lot. the tk 421 video is pretty cool and i agree, the clear connection between the band and the crowd is a big selling point if you're aiming these videos at clubs or venues. my focus for this is more just something to put in bulletin on myspace or an introductory message to a potential new friend - not people who'd be booking us, potential audience members. something that's a bit off the wall, hopefully funny and memorable, and containing a bit of our music.

here's another one

[YOUTUBE]Cixek-RPzSs[/YOUTUBE]

i realize that these are probably not funny and/or slightly offensive to some people but i think our target audience appreciates them

• Members

Currently Number 5 has the most live footage...not one of their originals, but an amusing clip that captures the vibe of the band.

And the most ME footage which is even better :D:love:

Btw, GOSG was the mastermind behind this whole series. He did a kickass job on them so if you need any ideas or suggestions, he's a good resource.

• Members

We spent $800 last spring for this and was pretty happy with the result (considering the sound quality is horrendous). 3 camera setup and we bused about 120 local followers into this 800 person capacity nite club from out of state. It had a nice wide stage and light setup. Sadly they stopped booking bands after this gig (haha, I guess we sucked)but thankfully we had a chance to gig there. It was the perfect place to shoot this:

[YOUTUBE]oi5rJHnYDpI[/YOUTUBE]

Right after this was added to our press kit we nailed three new rooms we were looking to get into.

Archived