Identify my organs

• Members

I was going to resurrect an old "B3 sounds" thread but it's long gone. Anyway, I redid a little ditty to compare the realism of my organ sounds- there are 3 combinations of organs/pedals including my first attempt at recording a real Hammond/Leslie. Can you spot the real deal?

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=607409&content=music

click on "Malaco Re-Jam"

If you get a pop-up asking to close the window, select "no". If still no luck, scroll down on SC homepage and do a search on pink floyd cramer.

• Members

I was going to resurrect an old "B3 sounds" thread but it's long gone. Anyway, I redid a little ditty to compare the realism of my organ sounds- there are 3 combinations of organs/pedals including my first attempt at recording a real Hammond/Leslie. Can you spot the real deal?

Soundclick login is required to access that page (mature content)

Okay, I logged in - where's the clips?

• Members

Sorry Wade- I think I fixed the link and "mature content" issue.

On original link you would have had to click on "artist/band" page on the left. I can't play for a month because of hand surgery so I should have time to set up MySpace - and hopefully to polish my song-turds.

Organs in question are: Electro II, Hammond with Boss RT-20 Leslie pedal, and Hammond A-100 with 22H Leslie speaker. This is a rough mix -key click on bridge solo is kinda brutal so don't play too loud.

• Members

Sorry Wade- I think I fixed the link and "mature content" issue.

On original link you would have had to click on "artist/band" page on the left. I can't play for a month because of hand surgery so I should have time to set up MySpace - and hopefully to polish my song-turds.

Organs in question are: Electro II, Hammond with Boss RT-20 Leslie pedal, and Hammond A-100 with 22H Leslie speaker. This is a rough mix -key click on bridge solo is kinda brutal so don't play too loud.

Okay, I'll take a stab and say that the outro solo is the real deal - leslie sounds more warm and organic and keyclick is not so exaggerated, but then you may have dirty contacts on the A-100 so it's possible it's the bridge solo.

I'm probably way off - haven't spent the time I'd like cuz the wife's yellin at me to come to bed lol.

Yup - I'm going with the outro solo.

• Members

First 2 verses were Nord Electro with tube pre, bridge was Hammond with Boss RT-20 pedal, and outro was Hammond/Leslie. So Wade wins, followed closely by cooter- who would have tied, but my liver hasn't looked like that for quite some time. And blackknight gets honorable mention. Did I leave anybody out?

• Members

Woooooooooooo!! Up to #8 on SC instrumental rock charts and still climbing! That surely means I am going to be a zillionaire! I am going to celebrate by drinking a lukewarm Pearl Lite.

edited: today it is #19 on SC rock charts and #6 on instrumental rock. Which is strange because the solo really sucked (rushed) after 1st 2 verses- I put it up to compare sounds, not display my best playing, which was better on original track.

Tucktronix has had about a dozen top 10 tracks so if he isn't a zillionaire yet, I probably won't be either. Bummer.

And last of all- anybody here know SC artist Ken Hucheson? He's GREAT.

• Members

Woooooooooooo!! Up to #8 on SC instrumental rock charts
and still climbing!
That surely means I am going to be a zillionaire! I am going to celebrate by drinking a lukewarm Pearl Lite.

:wave:

Great playing on that clip bro - here's to a full recovery on your hand.

• Members

First 2 verses were Nord Electro with tube pre, bridge was Hammond with Boss RT-20 pedal, and outro was Hammond/Leslie. So Wade wins, followed closely by cooter- who would have tied, but my liver hasn't looked like that for quite some time. And blackknight gets honorable mention. Did I leave anybody out?

cool - I guessed it right too - at least I was able to pick out the real Hammond w/ Leslie as the outtro solo.

I must say that my Korg CX3 gets a whole lot closer to the real deal than the Nord does. However - I can't play it 1/4 as good as you do!! :thu: Nice job man!!

Archived