Someone stole our band name. What to do?

Robben Trower

• Members
o.k....ok.....THE MOMENT U ALL BEEN WAITING FOR !!!!!!!!

dear Robbin Trower

it is I founding member,

leading singer,

lead guitarist,

producer/mixer, head of band page.

I want to say for the record dude what the F#@# ?

you have way too much time on your hands....seriously !!

6 months....er....all the time !

you want the story here it is :

my band was formed of 3 then 4 members as early as late 1999

in Santa Cruz CA...we called ourselves "shatner's hairpiece"

came from a joke me an other member Dom came up with while working together in early mornings and the Santa Cruz Civic Auditorium.

it fit !!.....we played mostly improv music.....

then my good friend Imperial produced 3 songs late 2002

I then got a Yamaha AW16G recorded and mixed 7 more songs to round out our 1st album "Tales Well Calculated" in the middle of 2003

I then moved to San Francisco to record solo works...........

and returned to record our final E.P. "who the Hell is Harold Sterling ?" in 2004

now to the present :

the band page came from me finding my daughter a couple of years ago via myspace after almost 9 years of being apart...and to show her that I was chasing my dream of music I started this page as a tribute and then one for

my solo work as well as the two other bands I'm in now....

soooooo!!!...what ?

who-said-what-when ? doesn't mean that much now...we were then......

u are now....soooooo!!!....what ?

your in Canada right ?.....cover band right ?..........ok..............

......................shatner's members have formed five other bands....

1. a bad love

2. drum beats_red wings

3. reno messiah

4. smoking pony's

5. electric leaves

no reunion in the works but we'll keep ya posted !!

soooo!!....sorry about the whole Charlie Kaufman Deal....bummer !!!

let it go dude ! it's all rerailing cause of u ......let it go

"big thanx to all the folks that stood up for us.....a little band from 4 years ago that no one heard of since all this...and thanx to all of u who shared your stories of similar situations...."

and in final -

" isn't it all about music being fun .....keep hope alive "

p.s.

thanx 2 6string sling for bringing this to my attention !! ..........

...and this {censored}......oh this {censored} just made my week hahahahaha!!!!

p.s.s.

nivana was also a UK based progressive rock band in 1967...look it up !!!

DOUCHE

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

About time this all got explained.
*waits for other dude to come back with things like....i dont see proof....thats just writing on a website....bla bla bla bla

Musini - you should totally get back together for 1 gig....plan it in Canada...Vancouver - then send this other dude a cease and decist order for the name!!!

• Members
Actually I have on more than one occasion. Unlike you, I don't want to post a bunch of {censored}ty recordings of myself. Presentation goes a long way towards first impressions and many people will be turned off by your playing if the recording sucks, which a lot of yours does. I also don't feel so insecure as a guitarist like you do that I have to post a bunch of crappy clips and challenge people to do the same when ever they disagree with me - I'm sure I can play quite as well the next no-name guitarist who thinks they're the {censored} but aren't.

Why wait six months when you've already shown us how professionally you handle it? You come onto a public forum and whine & cry like a little bitch that just dropped her ice cream cone, proceed to slander/libel the other band for thinking up a band name years ahead of you then call {censored} on everyone for pointing out your obvious idiocy/lunacy.

Let's look at the facts - your screen name is taken from a well known guitarist. (Although I'm sure you thought of it before his parents named him and he just stole it from you retroactively). Your band name is taken from another band but, like your screen name, you're claiming that you've been ripped off. Gee, I wonder how "original" your "original" music must be? I wonder what years-old song are you currently copying so that next week you can claim that someone years ago stole your song? You remind of the crazy bitch Marta from that old Star Trek episode titled
Whom Gods Destroy
:

Marta: "
Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? Thou art more lovely and temperate. Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May, and summer's lease hath all too.
"

Garth: "
You wrote that?
"

Yesterday, as a matter of fact.
"

Garth: "
It was written by an Earthman named Shakespeare a long time ago.
"

Which doesn't alter the fact that I wrote it again yesterday!

Swish!

BTW, I'm only about a 6 or 7 hour drive away. I'd have no problem at all saying these things to your face so let me know when you're in Portland, eh?

Since 6string is reknowned for his lack of talent and balls, I take your comments on my clips as a compliment. Does this mean I'll never get to open for you at one of your backing track shows? Damn!

Portland vacation coming up! I look forward to getting an autograph. I propose a guitar duel where he brings out one of his $100 planks that is better than any other guitar ever made, and my guitar just stands there snickering and shakes it's head. Duel over.

Actually, first impressions and 'actual clips' go a long way to getting work, which is what my clips are presently doing.

6string leads one of the longest windbag series of self fellating posts I've ever seen on HC. There is nothing he can't do, except of course, play guitar. Shouldn't being able to actually play an instrument, be the least of the requirements to post here?

Holy mother of all that is pathetic. Did he actually spend time writing out Star Trek dialogue? :facepalm:

• Members

dear Robbin Trower

it is I founding member,

leading singer,

lead guitarist,

came from a joke me an other member Dom came up with while working together in early mornings and the Santa Cruz Civic Auditorium.

I then got a Yamaha AW16G recorded and mixed 7 more songs to round out our 1st album "Tales Well Calculated" in the middle of 2003

and returned to record our final E.P. "who the Hell is Harold Sterling ?" in 2004

now to the present :

the band page came from me finding my daughter a couple of years ago via myspace after almost 9 years of being apart...and to show her that I was chasing my dream of music I started this page as a tribute and then one for

soooooo!!!...what ?

1. a bad love

2. drum beats_red wings

3. reno messiah

4. smoking pony's

5. electric leaves

"big thanx to all the folks that stood up for us.....a little band from 4 years ago that no one heard of since all this...and thanx to all of u who shared your stories of similar situations...."

and in final -

p.s.

p.s.s.

DOUCHE

• Members

There are like fourteen bands with the name Maybe Later. We just thought it was cool since it was in a flight of the Concords song. We didn't know anyone had that name, and really don't care. All you do have to do is make it big before they do! But I guess if you feel lake blowing a bunch of money on a lawyer for no reason then go for the copyright.

• Members
Wow.

Of course, I wouldn't expect someone as classless, clueless and mentally unbalanced as the OP to make a public apology and admit he was wrong but to accuse me of now impersonating the band he claims ripped him off because he can't face reality?

:facepalm:

Pissin' meself. This thread just gets better and better. That post from Musini is one of the best I've ever read on this board, he sounds like a really cool fella. As for the OP... delusional at best.

• Members

dear Robbin Trower

it is I founding member,

leading singer,

lead guitarist,

now to the present :

soooooo!!!...what ?

1. a bad love

2. drum beats_red wings

3. reno messiah

4. smoking pony's

5. electric leaves

and in final -

p.s.

p.s.s.

DOUCHE

• Members

RT

Your singer looks pretty hot but you sir are one ugly mutha but I quess your going for this look shatnershairpiece.JPG

This thread reminds of Jr. High School with all the name calling and silly stuff.

FWIW, I'm thinking about calling my band "Shatners Hairpiece" for this weekend or maybe permanent. It's not like you can do anything about it.

• Members
RT

Your singer looks pretty hot but you sir are one ugly mutha but I quess your going for this look
shatnershairpiece.JPG

This thread reminds of Jr. High School with all the name calling and silly stuff.

He's one helluva player, too. Have you listened to his stuff?

I agree that there are a lot of childish sentiments here.

From all sides!

• Members

Now he wimps out and tries to make excuses. {censored} you. Anyone who says 'Don't be a douche/asshole/moron' is saying 'you're a douche/asshole/moron'. Again, internet makes everyone so brave.

Why make an assumption I wouldn't? I'd happily say it to your face. Everyone who knows me personally who posts here knows that. No "added internet bravery" needed. I'm a dick. I accept that.

Awww. You don't suffer fools well? Take a look in the mirror.

Such an intelligent response. It's usually the impaired who get worked up when their lack of logic has been put on display by their intellectual superiors...

Sorry to have hurt your feelings. :)

Brian V.

• Moderators

Geez, I go on a short vacation and... :facepalm:

I'm closing this thread; it's not serving any purpose but fanning flames at this point.

I want everyone who's been slinging mud in this thread (don't pretend you don't know who you are) to know you're on my radar, and I'm expecting you to tone it down about five notches.

Feel free to disagree, but keep it civil and keep it respectful, and consider this a last warning before I take appropriate action.

Have a nice day. :wave:

Archived