311: Does anyone cover any of their tunes?

New Trail

• Members

Don't know much about them, but "Down" sounds like a super hot pickup with everything on 10 - and a wah.

Our bassist is a 311 nut. He wants to do some 311 songs but I don't think they had many hits. Down and All Mixed Up are all I can name off of the top of my head. :idk:

• Members

We cover beautiful disaster, and my tone is almost perfect for it. I use my dual rec (channel 3 modern) with a TS-9 tube screamer for some extra gain through my duncan performer humbucker (in a strat)and it sounds great. I know Tim uses a PRS and Nick uses a les Paul, so a humbucker in the bridge position is definetly going to get you closer.

• Members

I've always wanted to do some 311 covers, but other than my brother (drummer) and myself, noone else is that interested..... Which sucks as 311 has some really fun tunes!

Tim's used PRS' almost his entire career. His amps started out as Mesa Rec's, he's also used Rivera & Bogner. Currently he's been pretty steady on the Diamond Phantom's with V30 loaded Diamond Cabs (which live sound very good). He does use alot of effects, but his rhythm tone I'm very certain in straight up Tube. :thu:

Here's a link to Axess Electronics Client list of Tim Mahoney's latest rig that was built by LASD Racks:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/axess-electronics/sets/72157608493950430/

Archived