Do DJ's do well in your area? If so, why?

• Members

We did a few shows with a live DJ where he would scratch on our stuff during our sets and we would play beats and add guitars to his stuff during his sets. It was awesome.

Yeah, it can actually work really well. I recently saw these guys from Brooklyn called Break Science. The band is just two guys: A DJ/keyboardist, and a very awesome, groove-oriented drummer. It was the one of the best shows I have seen in a while.

• Members

We're considering offering a hybrid live music/DJ service for weddings.

I was at a friend's wedding where they hired both a live band and a DJ. The band would play a set, then take a 1/2 hour break and the DJ would spin. They switched off a few times throughout the night. It worked really well. The music was non-stop and there was something for everyone.

At another friend's wedding, they hired a bluegrass band and a DJ. The band played for cocktails/dinner and a little bit of dancing, then the DJ took over for the major dancing the rest of the night. This worked really well too.

• Members

I was in a club last night and the DJ waltzed in and set up his laptop running the same programme i do.

he was doing some really great mixes but i looked up at him and he was pretending to spin on an empty pair of turntables to try and look cool :D:facepalm:

Archived