Anybody outsource getting a logo done?

stratotastic

• Members

Our current logo is just a stupid word art thing that we slapped together to have on our myspace, and out of laziness it has stuck for a while. But we really need a new logo and nobody in the band seems able to come up with something great. I've seen sites like 99designs where you offer up a cash prize for folks to compete (they rape you on fees though) or was also thinking of maybe going to a graphic design or photoshop forum and asking people to submit ideas for cash or something. I'm curious if anybody here has done something like this and how it worked out, or if you have any other ideas on a good way for outsourcing logo development.

Thanks

• Members

Our current logo is just a stupid word art thing that we slapped together to have on our myspace, and out of laziness it has stuck for a while. But we really need a new logo and nobody in the band seems able to come up with something great. I've seen sites like 99designs where you offer up a cash prize for folks to compete (they rape you on fees though) or was also thinking of maybe going to a graphic design or photoshop forum and asking people to submit ideas for cash or something. I'm curious if anybody here has done something like this and how it worked out, or if you have any other ideas on a good way for outsourcing logo development.

Thanks

I have a friend who is a graphic designer and hired her to do my logo, business cards, flyers, etc. I got a good price because of the "friend" discount. Everything came out looking great. Made a huge difference in how my press kit looks

You might run an ad in craigslist looking for a graphic design student who'd be willing to work for a cheaper rate just to build a portfolio (you know, kind of like bars want us to play for "exposure").

• Members

Great idea! Pass the raping on to the next guy.
:thu:

No intention of raping anyone. You definitely need to pay, but a student GD major wouldn't expect to make the same as a full-tilt graphic design agency.

Or, you might even get lucky and find a graphic artist who's employed by some mega-corp who would be willing to do it cheap as freelance work, just to supplement the 9-5 paycheck (as is the case with my graphic designer)

• Members

The way we came up with ours is, I had a basic idea and I went to a Tattoo shop and had them work it up.

It's my avatar.

Easy Icon, easy to make sticker, easy to print on shirts,Easy to REMEMBER!:thu:

Thats what I wanted.

Archived