Ebay and shipping

J.Paul

• Members

$10 bucks is not bad for shipping. I just paid that (IN SHIPPING)for a single stompbox. UPS an FEDEX have gone up quite a bit over the past few years.

Just did an ebay search and the range was from Free-$20 for a pedal. The ones with the free shipping make their starting bid higher to compensate for shipping.

• Members

$10 bucks is not bad for shipping. I just paid that (IN SHIPPING)for a single stompbox. UPS an FEDEX have gone up quite a bit over the past few years.

Just did an ebay search and the range was from Free-$20 for a pedal. The ones with the free shipping make their starting bid higher to compensate for shipping.

Its definitely above the norm for a small pedal.I sent a Larger one from MN to Hawaii for $12.

• Members

I'd avoid an auction if the seller was trying to charge $10 for a small Boss pedal. Don't you have any small boxes lying around?

My thoughts exactly...costs for shipping these should be less than $5...

I don't have a car or a place to live (I'm on the road over 200 days a year)

so, no, I don't have any boxes just lying around....

which leads to being proactive and locating a box; but my downtime in the places I stay in Nashville, Phoenix, or Muscle Shoals is too valuable to spend an hour or two trying to locate the right sized boxes in the back of a liquor store...which leads right back to charging 10.35 for the box and the shipping and have it done with.

BTW~ shipping costs for my Canadian buyer was $25

wish someone had some more suggestions on how and where to get free boxes

• Members

The USPS store will supply you will all the boxes you want for FREE.

https://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=10052&parent_category_rn=&categoryId=10000002&top=Y&top_category=&catalogId=10001&langId=-1

Then you can use Priority Mail and be under $10 a pedal.

If the cost to ship is going to be over $8-$10, then I use FedEx ground. You get better tracking, better insurance and little run around if you have a claim. All for less that what USPS charges for the same package.

Items like pedals or pickups will be less with USPS.

• Members

good stuff

I did not know that

The USPS store will supply you will all the boxes you want for FREE.

Then you can use Priority Mail and be under $10 a pedal.

If the cost to ship is going to be over $8-$10, then I use FedEx ground. You get better tracking, better insurance and little run around if you have a claim. All for less that what USPS charges for the same package.

Items like pedals or pickups will be less with USPS.

Archived