Hard rock songs for female singer?

stigmataguitar

• Members

'Bitch' by Meredith Brooks is probably the most over-done female cover. Everytime I hear someone sing it, my irritation increases exponentially.

Agreed! The song isn't even good to begin with and then you add the humiliation it has taken with the advent of karaoke and then get an actual rock singer up there embarassing herself with it...

This song must be banned. And who the hell decided it was rock? It's country/folk!

• Members

Two songs that go over awesome:

- Zombie (so easy, as well, at least for the band if not the singer
:)
)

- Bring Me To Life (not easy, but worth it)

For some reason, chicks in the audience seem to dig Zombie. Gets them every time. I have no idea why.

GaJ

+1 for Zombie. Its the same here.

• Members

Done well, people will get into that big time.

Meredith Brooks - Bitch

99 red balloons, somewhere between the original and the goldfinger versions. It's a "chick song" but goldfinger shows how it can be rocked up.

Our keyboard player who shares the lead vocal role is attempting to do that one for us in German - The original version. She took several years of German and spent some time there. We'll see how it goes. We figure it will give it an interesting twist.

• Members

It doesn't have to be a "girl tune" either.

Our female lead singer does killer versions of "You Shook Me All Night Long" and "Hard to Handle". Of the "chick singer songs" we do Carrie Underwood's "Last Name" and Gretchen Wilson's "Here for the Party" a lot harder than the original records.

Archived