to the guys who list their gear...

MartinC

• Members

Geddy Lee-influenced, much?
;)

Actually not, I'm not a big RUSH fan. I do like Geddy though. Trying to keep up with whatever rig that guy is blowing through this week would be impossible. Geddy changes rigs like I do underwear, you know, once a year or so.

I'm a bit obsessed Paul D'Amour's bass tone on the early TOOL records. Still, not a big TOOL fan either though. He just nailed the tone I'd always had in my head. Hearing that someone had finally achieved it so perfectly I got busy stealing his rig! :thu:

• Members

Did you say, blue sparkle mid-60's Ludwig kit? That would look might pretty in my studio. Let me know when you're ready to trash that piece of old crap and I'll save you the junk fee.
:)

Yes indeed that is a gem. thing is it belonged to my late brother, and I'll never get rid of it. He was the reason I became a decent baseball player, and later a musician. He was better at both, but I ended up lasting longer. Original cymbals and stands too. I'd like to leave it set up and hit it sometimes, but I have a teenager still in the house and I don't want her friends touching it. When she goes to college, it's getting set up.

• Members

I think its fun. In some way it does give me an idea where a guy's coming from. I've never done it but what the hell. I've been playing bass for 25 years and I FINALLY have the sound I've always wanted.

I use:

Rickenbacker basses with Trace Eliot amps and speaker cabinets. Diaddario Pro-Steel strings. Boss Bass effects and a SansAmp Bass Driver DI, and the green Dunlap picks with the little turtle on'em.

Have you ever used a Y-cable (stereo) with your rick? I haven't really experimented with it yet and would like to. If you have, give me some feedback on how you liked or disliked it.

• Members

I list my modest gear because I enjoy the stuff immensely. I don't worry about what everyone thinks because I know I'm not going to please each forum member.

I should link to my music though. We recorded 4 songs a year ago after 6 weeks together. Its time for some newer stuff.

• Members

Have you ever used a Y-cable (stereo) with your rick? I haven't really experimented with it yet and would like to. If you have, give me some feedback on how you liked or disliked it.

You know, I was going to get around to using the Rick O Sound but I couldn't figure out how to do it without buying double effects for each line, some of the effects I use wouldn't sound too good effecting half my signal. I'm a bass player for {censored} sake, I'm not suppose to be a rocket surgeon. I got confused and threw things and then maybe cried a little then gave up.

• Members

You know, I was going to get around to using the Rick O Sound but I couldn't figure out how to do it without buying double effects for each line, some of the effects I use wouldn't sound too good effecting half my signal. I'm a bass player for {censored} sake, I'm not suppose to be a rocket surgeon. I got confused and threw things and then maybe cried a little then gave up.

I think the idea is to run the TRS cable into two seperate amps.

One for the neck pickup and one for the bridge, which is how Geddy Lee got that "sound". Two Ashley preamps, neck pickup set for a heavier bottom end, and the bridge pickup all gained out, with a lot of top and mid boost... then each went into their own set of BGW750 power amps.

Running two seperate fx chains could be cool, too, even if you were just summing your signal back to mono, you'd have your fundamental signal on one volume knob, and your effected signal on another volume knob. :idk:

Archived