ok guys n gals ... 1st TDJ original is out

LightingPimp

• Members

Ok here goes,, I really like your singer.. I think hes a bit buried in the mix.. The guitar sound I am not wild about.. It sounds overprocessed to me but that's just my personal taste..

i definitely thing the guitar solo is kinda weak for the type of song it is.. The guitars overall are kinda muddy .

I also like your bass player a lot . Overall i think it pretty good but a bit generic.. i like the hits towards the end that raise the energy level.. They work and do just that.

Tim

• Members

I hope that's a rough mix. The drums sound muddy and the snare just sounds weird. Also, it seems your singer is trying too hard to sound like Kid Rock.

But wtf do I know? Your band is doing better than mine, so you must be doing something right!

• Members

The song itself is pretty cool...definitely sounds like a tune that would kill live. It's an interesting mix of a quasi-rap delivery with an 80s power metal influenced chorus.

The singer can definitely sing.

The recording, however, isn't very good, as others have said, for all of the aforementioned reasons. But the good news is that's stuff than can be fixed - sucky musicianship cannot...and you guys aren't sucky at all!

• Members

I really like the vocals. Your singer has a great voice. The drummer is laying down a great groove and I like his drumming, but i don't like the drum sound. The song is energetic and catchy. I like it more than I like the mix.

• Members

In the context of the Kiss contest, I think you guys did a great job writing this song. I personally enjoyed the rappiness tossed in to give a slight twist to that genre and era. The sound was vintage enough, and you held my interest. :eek: Since I'm not a big fan of 80's metal, that's a huge compliment. Perhaps a tiny bit long, IMO, but that's my short attention span talking. I hope you guys do well! :thu: Good luck with it!

• Members

I would have liked it better with none of the "Kid Rock/Linkin Park" kind of stuff...the singer's great...so let him sing.

The mix lacks some punch, and the instruments aren't slotted in their frequencies or in the spectrum, properly...I understand that this wasn't a big money production, but I feel like a better ear could have helped tremendously.

All that being said, the song is solid, the playing is good, even though the groove kind of gets sloppy, in places.

Just mostly nitpicky stuff, from me.

A bit of polish, here and there, and that could be a dynamite song.

I honestly would loved to have had a hand in producing and mixing that.

• Members

Basically +1 to most of the comments... kick-ass song, great vocals, but really shaky mix and/or muddy tracks to start with... hope you can fix that at some point.

Anyway, some nitpicky stuff... I liked the rap sections overall but something was off in the section just after the 2-minute mark where the vocalist does some really high-pitched rap... don't know if it was the mix or not but it grated on me...

Also I would have liked some more flair with the cymbals throughout... and I agree with those who said the same thing about the guitar solo, punch it up some.

Re Kid Rock imitation, I didn't get that vibe at all. To me the singer has a distinctive, original, compelling delivery.

Overall... it rocks!! :thu:

Archived