Ring tones for your fans...

Ryan.

• Members

Hey guys... I don't know how helpful this will be to any of you but I did it once before with my band and our fans seemed to like it.

So we recorded three songs for an EP and we were trying to get the word out, so we posted on our MySpace and Facebook questions of the day. Usually the question was something about the band (and the answer could be found on the page) like what is the name of our bass player?

We'd say the first 5 fans to answer correctly would get a free ring tone! No matter how many people answered we would give them all a ring tone.

So I took our mp3s from our recordings and used makeownringtone.com to cut out just a chorus or a funny line of a song or whatever... and made some ring tones.

We'd message the "winners" and say send us your phone number for your free ring tone - standard messaging fees may apply.

They would send the number, I'd send a text from my own phone to them with the ring tone file as an attachment and they could download it to their own phone, along with a note to tell them to check us out on iTunes and whatnot.

Anyway... thought I'd share that little tidbit. It seemed to generate a lot of interest for us as everyone loves FREE anything, especially crap for their tech stuff.

Anyone else do things like this?

Archived