The Trifecta of Marketing for Thanksgiving Weekend!

wheresgrant3

• Members

This weekend is the biggest bar weekend of the year and we have three great shows coming. For the first time in a long time working with club owners and sponsors we have had the Trifecta of media and promotion come through...

First... our own video that clubowners are sponsoring on their pages

Video Commercial

Radio commercial playing 10 slots during drive time and 5 during lunch hours.

Radio Commercial

Posters

2010_Thanksgiving_Eve.jpg

And we're out of pocket... $0.00. It's taken years to get to this point leveraging name, rep, draw, and services in trade, but it's all paying off. For a brief moment we are the King of All Cover Band Media. :D

I think it's gonna be a good weekend. :thu:

• Members

Great stuff like always Grant!

I didn't have much time to put anything great together as far as video promotion- This is the time of year when I am VERY busy with my day job... After that I don't even like to look at video! but we did get a mention on TV on Friday. A "What's Happening" segement on thge 10pm news did a run down of the entertainment in town for Thanksgiving eve. :thu:

I did slap this together after our saturday gig though (our first time trying this tune):

[YOUTUBE]NMydqPZBuEk[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

I'm always :confused: when I read about you a few of you guys where you actually get a bunch of people out to clubs and club owners actually pay more than $400 for a band.

This city has a population of a million including the outlying areas and already one bar is out of business, and two others are reducing pay to around $250-$350 per band. One bar is putting in a DJ on Friday night and "maybe" having bands every once in a while on Saturday nights. And let's not forget the increasing number of bars that want free "auditions".

You might get $800-$1000 for a wedding gig if you're lucky.

This is the land of CHEAP. Don't ever move here if you play an instrument.

• Members

We usually do a few benefits a year, usually someone with cancer.

last week we did a great benefit for a little girl who needs a heart transplant.

it was at one of the best clubs in the city, and we impressed everyone so much the owner is hiring us there for gigs!

Good Karma I suppose.

hats off to ya' Nuts!

• Members

I'm always
:confused:
when I read about you a few of you guys where you actually get a bunch of people out to clubs and club owners actually pay more than $400 for a band.

This city has a population of a million including the outlying areas and already one bar is out of business, and two others are reducing pay to around $250-$350 per band. One bar is putting in a DJ on Friday night and "maybe" having bands every once in a while on Saturday nights. And let's not forget the increasing number of bars that want free "auditions".

You might get $800-$1000 for a wedding gig if you're lucky.

This is the land of CHEAP. Don't ever move here if you play an instrument.

Looks likes these guys are doing pretty well...

http://www.gigmasters.com/Dance-Band/Last-To-Leave/

• Members

Grant -- what do you do with the videos? Post em on Facebook/website? Do you get the venues to post the links as well? These seem like a great tool, but only if somebody sees them.

The radio, that's a different story and speaks as much to your ability to earn and afford something like that as it does about your "marketing savvy". Good stuff.

• Members

Last year the place we played plugged Thanksgiving Eve with us in a regional TV commercial. The TV commercial ran on a few different cable systems, primetime on several channels (ESPN was one of them) for a few weeks before the show.

[YOUTUBE]wvjlFWezihw[/YOUTUBE]

This was a pretty good night.

• Members

Grant -- what do you do with the videos? Post em on Facebook/website? Do you get the venues to post the links as well? These seem like a great tool, but only if somebody sees them.

The radio, that's a different story and speaks as much to your ability to earn and afford something like that as it does about your "marketing savvy". Good stuff.

The videos are basically for the interwebs (Facebook, MySpace). I had the attitude for the long time, if you have a good product, then don't tell people about it, show them. From the beginning we posted pictures from almost every show. That alone spurs people to take interest in a band. The videos were a natural transition. .. and well, we suck at making posters (AWESOME one BTW fanuvbrak:thu:). So I create the videos in a few minutes (as well as shooting out recaps of the shows) each week. Sure time consuming... but probably more persuasive than any words I could come up with to get people out to see us. Do they work as a promotional tool for each event. Probably not... but they certainly keep us in people's minds and get people talking about us.

Archived