Getting back on track to get some gigs booked!

bassred

• Members

We've been super busy the last year with recording some songs, which is going a lot slower than expected... Mix that with a lot more time/responsibility at work and it makes for one lazy band leader (not that the other guys couldn't pass cards around and scout locations.....) and gigs that are few and far-between...

I've come to terms with the fact that the recording is taking too long, and we just need to get playing again.

We played a private party at a venue in the downtown Las Vegas/Fremont area and got a contact with a venue that has cover bands. SO I used that contact and we are playing on July 9th right on Fremont Street and Las Vegas Boulevard. I am very excited and if the crowd is good, we may get a regular spot on the rotation, which would be cool!

I also contacted a newer locals joint to see about getting on their roster. I hope this trend will continue, I know one of my guitar players could use some extra scratch, and we love playing!

• Members

Not part of the experience, but in an irish pub that is down there among all the touristy stuff. We;ll be indoors, which is nice since it is already over 100 degrees here. I would love to play on the outdoor stages there, but it seems that only the strip-style mediocre bands with a hot chick up-front seem to get that gig. We actually like to play music, so there's not a lot of shtick to my band...

I hope this is a trend that continues. Going to talk to a few more venues tomorrow.

Archived