Bandleader quitting....

bnelly428

• Members
1.) Congrats on the Masters and move, man. I'm still up in Boston (work downtown and live in Watertown), and I dig it. I'm moving to Metrowest in September, but I'll still be around a lot, and if you need a head's up on some good bands to check out or places to hang, feel free to drop me a PM. Ooh, and come see my band.
:p

2.) Regarding Friday.... that's just bush league. Very sorry to hear it fizzled like that due to one person's foolishness, but at least "it's not your problem." Hopefully it helps solidify your bond with the rest of the band mates.

And hey, when you've got your bad-ass degree and a life back in 2 years, you'll be in prime position to get in with a new band! I took a year or almost two off from the drums in the mid-2000s and came back stronger than ever.
:thu:

Best wishes, best of luck, and welcome to friggin' Boston, guy.
:cool:

Heh, thanks! It looks like Waltham may be my new home. Might have to live on my own... can't find a roommate right now. I work in Framingham, so maybe we can grab a beer sometime. And I'll check out your band, sounds like a fun show with some hard rock (havent played that in forever!)

• Members

I once heard said "Everything ends badly!" (unfortunately, my budding case of CRS means I can't remember who should get credit for the line...). There's more than a little bit of truth to that. A quiet fizzle is often times the best you can hope for. For some, even that's a just a dream. There are more than a few folks out there who can't let anything end without drama - and if there isn't any, they'll create some. The best approach to take when things are coming to an end (be that smooth or not so smooth) is to keep your eyes open, protect your interests (be that your professionalism, your gear, your property), let hurtful things that others say or do roll off your back like water off a duck's ass - and see it across the finish line as best you can.

• Members

Wow! Really? I've had those moments. But never on stage. Did he do it on the mic or just between the band. Terrible!
:facepalm:

Is the band still playing though? I got an FB update and someone is promoting the show tonight at Effins Pub.

About the worst that happened to me on stage was a guitarist dropping an F bomb on me when I showed him the clip lights and pointed my thumb down (to get him to turn down).

I quit that band after that gig, but not before I went out on the back patio and smashed a table with my fist! Didn't mean to do that really! Just hit it so hard it kinda went down. Thankfully only 2 people really saw that. It was either that or I was gonna go a round or two with that fool right then and there! Can't have that kind of stuff in my life: life's too short. Now I'm with a group of pros that want to work as a team, and he and that band are still playing the same gigs, going nowhere. I made the right move.

Archived