Semi-OT: Samples (Jailbreak Sample included)

wades_keys

• Members

Somebody asked me to "send them" the sample I created for the "jailbreak" part of the Thin Lizzy song of the same name.

Since I can't send it by PM (apparently), I've posted it here for the interested. Sorry, I couldn't post the unconverted .wav: the hc uploader does not allow that file type.

Anyone else have samples to share?

[ATTACH]344649[/ATTACH]

• Members

But what if i talk about samples? :lol:

Anyway, if y'all are interested, I mixed that thing all in soundforge using I think 3 discrete samples: alarm bell, prison siren, and cop siren. Just basically went nuts with cross fades and of course had to compress and normalize a bit.

In fact, I can hear a loop point toward the end of the sample: I went back and timed it with the music and decided I should have a buffer as it were so it would never run out while playing live, if the tempo happened to be slower. So originally, I had it timed to the section of the tune. I did that by snipping the piece of the tune and getting it's length from soundforge. I guess now that I think about it, I revised it once I realized I could hit the one-shot key again and it kills the sample playback! I wish I had been more careful with that loop edit (crossfading and tons of time is the story it seems) but I remember doing it real quickly...anyhoo.

Another thing I do is always assign my one-shots to the bottom-most key on the board. After missing a few one shots at early gigs, I started doing that LOL. As I recall, I put about 4 hours into that sample, but at the time it seemed more like: "one more thing, and it'll be ready. Uh, nope." LMFAO

I've got a few more one-shots laying around that might be of interest: the one I used for "Jungle Love" is just a straight rip off of the recording, but live it works a treat.

Archived