Silly Gear that You Should Have Already Owned

Potts

• Members

Genius!

many people don't think about this.

I usually bring a separate set of clothes for load out (so I don't trash my stage wardrobe)

++++ to this one! A good percentage of my gigs are done in tuxes or dress pants. The first thing I do when we're done playing it to make a quick mission to the van to change into "work clothes" for loadout. I'm a BIG guy who tends to put my whole body into schlepping and loading - changing saves alot of wear and tear on my stage wardrobe!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can't have too many flashlights handy. A bunch of us have the apps and I make a habit of picking up a couple of those cheap little LED flashlights when the hardware store has them sitting on the checkout counter. I've got those things stashed all over the place.

I've got handful of the cheap "checkout counter" LED lights scattered in my various cases. I also have a "headset" LED light as well. I have little doubt that I look ultra dorky when I put the headset on ... but who cares! It's great when you need work inside rack and need to use both hands. Light is always right where you're looking ... and you're not stuck tryuing to hold the light in your teeth!

• Members

I've been gigging for years and not once have I ever brought a fan with me. It's 90 degrees today. I just purchased a fan and can't wait to plop it right under my mic stand tonight.

This is the stage fan that Florida bands use when playing outside. :lol:

Buddy%20Windham%208-5%20001.jpg

• Members

This is the stage fan that Florida bands use when playing outside.
:lol:

Buddy%20Windham%208-5%20001.jpg

They had four of those monsters set up a few feet outside one edge of the tent we played under this past Saturday evening. The ones they had even had a little misting system attached to them to which a hose was attached such that it put a little mist into the air stream. With all four of 'em running - there was actually a nice (almost cool!) breeze blowing thru the tent all evening long.

• Members

++++ to this one! A good percentage of my gigs are done in tuxes or dress pants. The
first
thing I do when we're done playing it to make a quick mission to the van to change into "work clothes" for loadout. I'm a BIG guy who tends to put my whole body into schlepping and loading - changing saves alot of wear and tear on my stage wardrobe!

I do this too, even on gigs where I'm not dressing up. Maybe it's just a change of shirt and into sneakers instead of dress boots, but I have to be comfortable.

Archived