Non-country "cheezy" party songs that work?

msmooth

• Members

It seems like the more we try to avoid playing Mustang Sally, the more requests we get... But, that is really because Jitterbug dancing is so popular with the older crowds down this way... The most successful bands play a wide variety of music that covers a little of everything, but the up tempo stuff keeps the dance floors full! No one leaves the floor just because you change genre, as long as the beat is about the same!

I haven't played for a young crowd in so long that I have to look up most of the songs listed here as hot! We are literally stuck in time, and no one cares. They like to the old stuff!

• Members

O.K., in another thread I got alot of ideas for country party songs that work, now what "cheezy" party songs seem to work for you that are not country?

We get good response out of Eagles stuff. peaceful easy feeling , take it easy, lyin eyes,, take ot to the limit. hotel california etc. Our shows are not typically dance shows ,,, they are drinknin shows for an older to mixed crowd. I would guess the good response from this stuff comes from , everybody had heard it , and not many bands pull it off. Its still cross over country. Tom petty stuff is good for us, as is hendrix. We target our demo and play their music. A young crowd doesnt get too excited about us other than we are a decent geezer band with a big catalog of music with a good sound. I think you just have to be the band that you are ,, and do a decent job on the material ... add lots of booze and most people can have a good time at our shows.

• Members

It seems like the more we try to avoid playing Mustang Sally, the more requests we get... But, that is really because Jitterbug dancing is so popular with the older crowds down this way... The most successful bands play a wide variety of music that covers a little of everything, but the up tempo stuff keeps the dance floors full! No one leaves the floor just because you change genre, as long as the beat is about the same!

I haven't played for a young crowd in so long that I have to look up most of the songs listed here as hot! We are literally stuck in time, and no one cares. They like to the old stuff!

I hear ya on that ,,,, I play with some very experience geezers. Their theory is the secret to all this is to be entertainers and not just a faceless band that plays music.

• Members

Dynamite

Shout!

Hot Hot Hot

Pour Some Sugar On Me

Sweet Caroline

This is not the 1st time someone has menitoned "Sweet Caroline", are you talking about the old Neil Diamond song?

I'm not familiar with "Dynomite", but it also has been mentioned before. I may need to look that one up. Who does it?

• Members

I stop listening to music on the radio years ago. All I lsten to now is my iPod so I rarely hear anything new.

This is not the 1st time someone has menitoned "
Sweet Caroline
", are you talking about the old Neil Diamond song?

I'm not familiar with "Dynomite", but it also has been mentioned before. I may need to look that one up. Who does it?

we were doing a trio show last night and that got requested ,,, hadnt played that thing in months.

• Members

some of the cheesier stuff either band does:

Poker Face
Bad Romance
Tubthumpin
Don't you want me Baby
Safety dance
Jesse's Girl
Lets go crazy
Brick House
Super freak
Jenny