Just to prove I am here for a reason :)

vanlatte

• Members

Believe it or not there is more to Vanlatte than picking fights with mods (sorry squid!) and jumping in and out of arguments. :wave:

I finally got around to posting one of the tunes I wrote and would like feedback, since it's instrumental I posted it here:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2949172-A-little-song-I-wrote-and-recorded-whatchu-think

Enjoy!

• Members

What did you mean by not rushing the development?

I mean you took some time to develop the theme. Some people who do instrumentals fall into one of two categories: they never develop a coherent theme and it just meanders around, or they get to it too soon, wanting to draw the listener in with the "money shot", and then spend the next three minutes noodling around with it. You have reached a nice balance between development and establishing the theme. I don't know how else to word it; I don't speak musicianese! I just know it isn't easy to do with ambient music.

• Members

What did you mean by not rushing the development?

I mean you took some time to develop the theme. Some people who do instrumentals fall into one of two categories: they never develop a coherent theme and it just meanders around, or they get to it too soon, wanting to draw the listener in with the "money shot", and then spend the next three minutes noodling around with it. You have reached a nice balance between development and establishing the theme. I don't know how else to word it; I don't speak musicianese! I just know it isn't easy to do with ambient music.

• Members

Ah I get it now and am flattered that you noticed :)

Thanks again.

Archived