First Private Concert

caeman

• Members

Coming Soon for my acoustic trio Valley Road, we are going to play for an old friend that is in a nursing home. This will be our first official outing as a band. And this was also one of my goals for Valley Road, to target playing at elderly care homes, hospitals and such, where the people cannot often get out.

This was the main reason for me keeping the group purely acoustic, to be able to go into unimproved sonic spaces like small lunch rooms and such.

• Members

It went well. The three of us arrived at our friend's room around 4pm. After guitar player got his 12-string tuned up -- not a quick task -- we started. We play 10 songs, about an hours worth. I mixed a few lyrics here and there, but for the most part, it went just fine. Our friend was very much appreciative to have the company and music. It was good to see him smile. No recordings to share, sorry.

• Members

A side benefit of this little private concern of sorts for our friend, it shows me some of the little things that still need to be worked on, and it also showed me that we are basically ready to get out. We cannot handle a 2-hour music set just yet, but 1 hour is doable.

Archived