New Years Eve Gig Rant

• Members

FitchFy.. that is the entire story as far as the band knows. It is bizarre. As you stated, it is the internet, i would (actually do) have a hard time beleiving it myself. When they told us they were shutting it down at 12:30, my mouth dropped. The place was going strong, the band was playing well. It seemed to be great except there were no chairs...
We are in contact with the booker and they are not getting any feedback from the venue. We have a good relationship with the booker and have worked several venues for them. We have been invited back to each and every spot. We have a reputation of being professional and easy to work with. i really hope this doesn't somehow come back on us. I thought we handled everything very professionally

• Members

FitchFy.. that is the entire story as far as the band knows. It is bizarre. As you stated, it is the internet, i would (actually do) have a hard time beleiving it myself. When they told us they were shutting it down at 12:30, my mouth dropped. The place was going strong, the band was playing well. It seemed to be great except there were no chairs...
We are in contact with the booker and they are not getting any feedback from the venue. We have a good relationship with the booker and have worked several venues for them. We have been invited back to each and every spot. We have a reputation of being professional and easy to work with. i really hope this doesn't somehow come back on us. I thought we handled everything very professionally

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Over the Hill View Post
Maybe Pay the venue a visit and try to talk to management face to face. This may be just one of those things that happen and the venue may now be off your list of places to play. It sucks and I understand but you may just have to say, "meh, screw it... lets move on."

My band is kind of "blacklisted" from one smallish venue for no good reason- Its a place about 45 minutes away that we really wanted to play and now we won't... probably ever. It has not come back to bite us in the ass though with getting into other venues as far as I know... if it does oh well, it was NOT our fault- just like this situation is not your fault.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Over the Hill View Post
Maybe Pay the venue a visit and try to talk to management face to face. This may be just one of those things that happen and the venue may now be off your list of places to play. It sucks and I understand but you may just have to say, "meh, screw it... lets move on."

My band is kind of "blacklisted" from one smallish venue for no good reason- Its a place about 45 minutes away that we really wanted to play and now we won't... probably ever. It has not come back to bite us in the ass though with getting into other venues as far as I know... if it does oh well, it was NOT our fault- just like this situation is not your fault.

• Members

I think this happens when the bar staff there are more concerned with having to work too hard -vs- making money for th venue. They get hammered on big nights and just want ppl to leave so they can go home lol

Theyre prob on a crappy hourly rate so I cant say I blame them. Actually I can understand they may feel that way. It comes from jaded management

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by wesg View Post
Well that's what you get for threatening to play rap music!

wink.gif
HAHAHAHAHAH!!!! You remember! Them "blacklisting" us didn't go down well with some of the locals who now travel 1/2 hour to see us. thumb.gif

• Members

I will never forget the NYE gig I played were the drummer/band leader left BEFORE midnight! After the first or second set the rest of the band is ready to get back to playing, but no one can find the drummer. Finally he calls my cell and says something like "I just wasn't feeling it... so I'm going to a party instead." Needless to say his "band" didn't last very long.

• Members

I traveled to Detroit on NYE to see the Zac Brown Band. It was literally 11:59 and they were in the middle of a song. They almost missed it but pulled it off. The tune ended and the video screens went right to Times Square with about 10 seconds left. Then this incredibly talented "country" band did Enter Sandman that would have made Metallica proud. They also encored with Rage's Killing in the Name of. It was pretty much insane.

I think Guido was talking about it one day that these musicians that we think are self-taught is often BS. The Zac Brown Band clearly showed with their versatility and musicianship that they are more than likely not just some self-taught hicks. They just want you to think that.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Potts View Post
I traveled to Detroit on NYE to see the Zac Brown Band. It was literally 11:59 and they were in the middle of a song. They almost missed it but pulled it off. The tune ended and the video screens went right to Times Square with about 10 seconds left. Then this incredibly talented "country" band did Enter Sandman that would have made Metallica proud. They also encored with Rage's Killing in the Name of. It was pretty much insane.

I think Guido was talking about it one day that these musicians that we think are self-taught is often BS. The Zac Brown Band clearly showed with their versatility and musicianship that they are more than likely not just some self-taught hicks. They just want you to think that.
There has always been alot of good musicians in country bands. I remember watching Roy Clark on Hee Haw when I was a kid. That was the ultimate 'hick" show but the guy was a monster guitar player. Now days guys like Brad Paisley are the monsters.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by modulusman

View Post

There has always been alot of good musicians in country bands. I remember watching Roy Clark on Hee Haw when I was a kid. That was the ultimate 'hick" show but the guy was a monster guitar player. Now days guys like Brad Paisley are the monsters.

OMG remember how awesome that show was?

Archived