Attn: pop cover bands - new songs?

mstreck

• Members

Last night, we added Icona Pop's I Love It - an easy add and I think an easy win with the beach crowd - and we're talking about adding these as well:

Macklemore - Can't Hold Us

Fallout Boy - My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up)

I think the Macklemore song is going to be quite the musical endeavour to get "right" and I'm not sure about the staying power of the Fallout Boy song. What do you cover peeps think - would they be worth the effort for you to pull together?

Thanks!

Mike

• Members

Not super new songs, but on the list:

Don't Stop the Party - Pitbull

You Don't Know your beautiful - One Direction

Trouble - Tayor Swift

Possibly Starships in some sort of mashup.

The songs on your list I think will be good for the summer crowd.  I'd give them a shot.  Macklemore seems to can't do any wrong these days.

• Members

mstreck wrote:

Last night, we added Icona Pop's
I Love It
- an easy add and I think an easy win with the beach crowd - and we're talking about adding these as well:

Macklemore - Can't Hold Us

Fallout Boy - My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up)

I think the Macklemore song is going to be quite the musical endeavour to get "right" and I'm not sure about the staying power of the Fallout Boy song. What do you cover peeps think - would they be worth the effort for you to pull together?

Thanks!

Mike

You can take a look at what we're learning in my post, but I'm not hearing anything right now that gets me excited.  Suger by Fall Out Boy is one of our biggest of the night (I had no idea that song would be a sing-along).  I think that new one by them has no legs in comparison.  Macklemore just doesn't work for us.  Did some new Ke$ha to luke warm response.  That I Love It tune is pretty good.  But mostly we're going older, not newer right now.

Archived