Kicking a Friend Out

nickguz

• Members

Hey guys, I need some advice.

My bassist, who has been a good friend of mine for like 5 years (I'll start out by saying I'm 17) is starting to slack. He barely shows up to practice anymore, I'm lucky if he agrees to schedule practice once a week, and then he usually shows up late anyway.

Sometimes I email him songs I wrote and tell him that I sent it, he doesn't even bother to listen to it. All he does is drive around with some other friends and drink and (not sure what the rules are but you could guess what else he does). I don't really even care about that, but considering that's all he cares to do, I'm not sure if I should kick him out or not.

A few weeks ago, we hadn't had practice in about a month, and he refused to practice on his day off from work because he wanted to spend his day off with some girl that he'd been hanging out with all week to begin with.

I don't know, What do you guys think? And I don't mean to sound like a dramatic little girl either, haha I'm not upset by it, just frustrated.

• Members

Sounds to me like he's not particularly interested in being part of the band anyway, so he probably won't be disappointed that you're giving him the boot.   In fact, it's entirely possible that he wants to quit, but doesn't have the guts to tell you.....so he might actually be relieved if you save him the trouble.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

nickguz wrote:

We've got gigs lined up, lol

Thats cool ,,, How many gigs has your band played so far, and how long have you spent getting ready to play the gigs.   If all is well on the giggin front ,, he may well just have lost interest.    That happens. move on.

Archived