iPad and SongSheet - looking for feedback

ghauber

• Members

Just wondering if anyone has tried out SongSheet at all on their iPads for managing / performing with their chord charts? I'm the developer and I would love to hear feedback on how well it may / may not work and what you think could be done better!

Thanks!

Gabriel

• Members

ghauber wrote:

Just wondering if anyone has tried out SongSheet at all on their iPads for managing / performing with their chord charts? I'm the developer and I would love to hear feedback on how well it may / may not work and what you think could be done better!

Thanks!

Gabriel

Is this you? https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/songsheet/id581094194?mt=8

If it is..nice job. It looks like you took some time putting this together. I use songbook but I've reviewed Onsong and Songbook for a couple of different sites. Send me a link for a full demo and I'll work the heck out of it and review it for you.

• Members

Yes, that's me. Just had a look at your web site and couldn't see any reviews there? Would love to see the reviews you've published. How's the best way to send you something for review purposes? PM in this forum, or?

• Members

RoadRanger wrote:

If you had a limited "free" version more folks would check it out. At $5 just to try it forgetaboutit.

I don't know about that. Most don't think twice about a $5 app for something so important. I know when I went this route I bought both Onsong and Songbook at the same time. 

• Members

Can't quote RR...

That's just silly. How many decent chord/lyrics apps are there? It's not like they're dropping in the App Store daily. I guess to each his own...I look at it as $5 is chump change to check out a new app.

• Members

Potts wrote:

That's just silly. How many decent chord/lyrics apps are there?

Good question? And how do you know which are decent? And it looks like SongSheet doesn't support a BlueTooth page turner so is it "decent" or not? If it supported ChordPro export it would at least be an interesting ChordPro creator/editor. OTOH if it had a free version I'd certainly check it out and feedback what it would need for me to buy it - I've done that on other apps smile.gif. But I'm a bass player so not generally looking for a program that supports lyrics - I use iRealB for its charts and .rtf files via GDrive for the ones I create using something quite similar to "abc notation" I "invented" back in the 70's. I also have Calypso (for PDF fakebooks) and Onsong loaded mostly because they were free or cheap at one time. I'd like to check out iGigBook but it's a bit too expensive for that and Calypso does most of what it does (I think).

• Members

Potts wrote:

Can't quote RR...

That's just silly. How many decent chord/lyrics apps are there? It's not like they're dropping in the App Store daily. I guess to each his own...I look at it as $5 is chump change to check out a new app.

By the way I appreciate the various points of view made about pricing apps such as SongSheet on the app store. There is a lot of debate amongst app developers as to how to price apps, given that most people these days expect things for free (the fact that many people don't even understand that apps on the app store are mostly developed by third-parties, not Apple themselves, contributes to this), and that many of the top grossing apps are "freemium" apps.

I like the idea of try-before-you-buy but Apple's model doesn't make that easy. And I don't want to nickle-and-dime people, either. Many of the games that make big bucks do so using essentially psychological tricks to encourage people to spend way more than they would otherwise. I want to build respect and trust between us and our users.

Price doesn't seem to be a big barrier in our niche, either. Last I checked, OnSong was selling for considerably more than SongSheet (more than twice the price) and it consistenly ranks highly in the music section, so it must be selling well.

Maybe it's just the case that there is only room for one app that does chord charts and we are foolish to try to develop an alternative. But we still believe in what we're doing so we want to give it the best go we can. And the size of the market continues to grow with more and more iPads being sold, so surely there is room for more than one app to do well in this space.

For the 2.0 release, we will give serious thought as to the pricing model, though, especially if it helps users of other apps evaluate our app as an alternative.

Thanks again everyone who has participated so far for your feedback.

Archived