Why are you a solo/duo act?

Tomm Williams

• Members

Further to my first post - now I remember why I like doing solo work.

Last night the girl singer waltzed in five minutes before the gig. I had been there two hours previous setting up my PA and guitar gear. The drummer had set his stuff up in the afternoon. The bass player, who wasn't scheduled to play until after the duo dinner set was there 30 minutes before the singer.

Club owner completely freaked out because the singer and I started five minutes late and then complained to me that I should have started by myself (because I also do a single there).

Tp top it off, I can't even dock the singer any wages because I'm just filling in for the band leader who's not even on the gig! Yep, now I remember....

• Members

Unless the bass player is a woman!

:thu: And can sing!

I started the trio because it was tougher and tougher to book our bluesrock band. Lots of local talent, very few venues. Then came some personal changes, and I quit the big band and focused all my energy on the little band. I enjoyed the big band but wow I was tired of the hassles, the bar scene, the last set a**holes..., and the rock star attitudes (my own included). My life has been much more peaceful since I quit trying to be a big deal.

Archived