Solo clip Boss DR 880, Line 6 HD 300

Goop

• Members

The drums and bass lines I programmed on the Boss Dr 880. I use the Dr 880 live also, but switch to a different "drum kit" that doesn't have the all the processing/reverb that you hear on this recording.

When possible I use a human bass player for live shows, but it's nice to have the bass lines when I need them for solo shows and recording.

I realize this music is probably quite harsh for most on here, but I thought I would put it out there as a solo/sometimes duo metal act. Not too many of us out there. :lol:

http://www.tonefinder.com/index.php?section=id&value=12658

• Moderators

I have to ask, as this is certainly not what one expects from a solo act...where do you find places to perform? I mean most restaurants/cofee houses are not catering to the headbangers and I would think most venues catering to metal are not expecting one or two guys with a drum machine?

• Members

I have to ask, as this is certainly not what one expects from a solo act...where do you find places to perform? I mean most restaurants/cofee houses are not catering to the headbangers and I would think most venues catering to metal are not expecting one or two guys with a drum machine?

Usually they don't know what hit 'em. Patrons go up to the soundman and ask "drums sound great, where is the drummer?".

I find places to perform by contacting bars that have bands similar to my style and volunteering to play and/or by contacting the bands directly. In other words, I don't "headline", I open for other bands that are somewhat similar to what I do. I'm not a headliner/moneymaker, I just like to play.

• Members

You're right - not my cup of Joe, but that doesn't matter. I would have said that you couldn't do that, but obviously I would have been wrong - you can do pretty much anything you want. If it sounds good, it will have a place. There are places where a drum machine would not be tolerated, regardless of style of music, but there are also places where people don't care - they just want to enjoy the sounds coming out of the speakers.

Archived