Acoustic Bose Users: B1 or B2 Bass Module(s)?

stratmansblues

• Members

I just bought a Bose L1 Model II w/B1 Bass Module and while it sounds great I am wondering if it is slightly lacking in bass? I haven't gigged it yet, only played with it in my living room. I'm curious what other gigging solo/duo acoustic groups are using as far as the bass module(s) that bose offers.

Thanks,

Drew

• Members

I've used the L1 1000 times or more and I've got it wired.. A single B1 lacks a little low end when playing outdoors. I purchased a second one for that purpose and it's great. If I had to do it again I'd buy a B2...they're a little too bulky for indoor gigs though.

Here's the secret for the B1 indoors. Put it about 6"-12" away from the wall and angle the grill at it or point it directly at it. The low end will carry throughout the entire venue. It works so well that you can actaully over-do it.

• Members

Potts wrote:

I didn't know that about the compatability Bob... Sorry about the bad advice OP

The B2 can be used with the model one but it's much more effective with the model two. Only one of the 3 settings on the B2 can be used with the model one. I was planning to get a B2 but got talked out of it by users that have tried it. You'll find discussion on this at the bose forum.

• 6 years later...

Archived