Rocktron Repliflex Opinions

Lucius

• Members

These units are excellent for the money. Sure you could pay more for other units with greater parameters to tweak, etc... but these are really good live rig processors. I recently bought a Rocktron Multivalve, which is essentially a Replifex, but with a 12ax7 tube section that can be bypassed or put in on medium and high settings. It also only has a mono input, not stereo input like the replifex, but it has stereo outs. I have an intellifex (sold it), but I still use the Multivalve in my rig. It is a great tranparent all around processor, that doesn't mess with your original tone.

$300.00 may be a decent deal, provided it is in top notch condition. The Multivalve is less known, and it may be a cheaper solution. I paid $245 CDN for my Multivalve including shipping off ebay, whereas a replifex might go for the $300 CDN that you are planning on paying.

I have the channel switching set up to go between clean, crunch, and lead channels on my amp. It works seamlessly with my Rocktron Midimate.

Oh, and the parametric EQ works really well too.

Rocktron's new unit, the Xpression is basically the same as the previous units, but without the channel switching capability and it goes for around $300 USD new.

• Members

Originally posted by Jaymeister

These units are excellent for the money. Sure you could pay more for other units with greater parameters to tweak, etc... but these are really good live rig processors. I recently bought a Rocktron Multivalve, which is essentially a Replifex, but with a 12ax7 tube section that can be bypassed or put in on medium and high settings. It also only has a mono input, not stereo input like the replifex, but it has stereo outs. I have an intellifex (sold it), but I still use the Multivalve in my rig. It is a great tranparent all around processor, that doesn't mess with your original tone.

$300.00 may be a decent deal, provided it is in top notch condition. The Multivalve is less known, and it may be a cheaper solution. I paid $245 CDN for my Multivalve including shipping off ebay, whereas a replifex might go for the $300 CDN that you are planning on paying.

I have the channel switching set up to go between clean, crunch, and lead channels on my amp. It works seamlessly with my Rocktron Midimate.

Oh, and the parametric EQ works really well too.

Rocktron's new unit, the Xpression is basically the same as the previous units, but without the channel switching capability and it goes for around $300 USD new.

Thanks bro, the 300 is what they have listed at L&M but I bet I could talk them down a bit. The unit appears to be in good condition I guess I could just take it home and check it out. L&M and usually pretty good about letting me return stuff for no reason at all. Cheers Lucius

• Members

Yeah, I would try getting a bit knocked off. What city do you live in. L&M in Calgary carry very little (none) rack stuff, and if they do, it sits for quite a long time. You should be able to get a decent deal, and be able to return it if it's not your thang. Heck, I would offer them $200 bucks for it, and see what they say...seriously. I have had some really good deals from those guys without asking too hard.

Originally posted by Lucius

Thanks bro, the 300 is what they have listed at L&M but I bet I could talk them down a bit. The unit appears to be in good condition I guess I could just take it home and check it out. L&M and usually pretty good about letting me return stuff for no reason at all. Cheers Lucius

• Members

Originally posted by sickwindsor

I own a replilex I its sounds great.I paid $250 US for mine so it about the going rate.Id jump on it since they are getting harder and harder to find.

Thanks man. Do you know if there is a patch editor or something for it as well??

Jaymeister

Yeah, I would try getting a bit knocked off. What city do you live in. L&M in Calgary carry very little (none) rack stuff, and if they do, it sits for quite a long time. You should be able to get a decent deal, and be able to return it if it's not your thang. Heck, I would offer them $200 bucks for it, and see what they say...seriously. I have had some really good deals from those guys without asking too hard.

Cool thanks for the advice man, hey have you checked out James Peters amps? He lives in Calgary and just came out with a new one. I plan on being in Calgary this summer and hope the check them out when I get there. Just do a search for that name on HC and you'll find it. Cheers Lucius

• Members

Originally posted by Lucius

Cool thanks for the advice man, hey have you checked out James Peters amps? He lives in Calgary and just came out with a new one. I plan on being in Calgary this summer and hope the check them out when I get there. Just do a search for that name on HC and you'll find it. Cheers Lucius

I know who James is, and have seen him in some of the local shops. Never met him though. I would like to try out one of his amps at some point, who knows...maybe a new amp is in my future. It's been 3 years since my last amp purchase. I figured out you live in BC, based on your sig. I know that L&M in Vancouver carry way more rack stuff than in Calgary.

• Members

Originally posted by Shai`tan

I wish my Xpression had channel switching capability. I may have to grab one of these Replifexes sometime. It would be nice to be able to switch channels with my midi mate.

http://www.axess-electronics.com/

These guys will be able to help you out with switching for like 200 bucks. Hey where are you at anyways? Cheers Lucius

• Members

Thx for the Axess link. I am in Edmonton btw.

The cfx4 apparently is what will work for my amp. It is 150 Canadian. When funds permit, I may order 1. Thx again for the link. The next question is.... if I run it inline with the Phantom power midi cable, will the Phantom power still work?

Archived