Tap Tempo for my Rocktron Repliflex

Lucius

• Members

The deal is that your FCB1010 can only send two midi cc's per preset and they are the expression pedals. You need a on/off button to work the tap-tempo of just about any unit that I can think of. I would say that it's time to ditch that cheap controller and get, say, a DMC Ground Control - even the old model, because you will get so much more flexability as well as 6 instant access midi buttons that will act as a tap-tempo if you want. I love mine and it works perfectly with my Replifex.

• Members

Originally posted by Jaymeister

Does your Replifex have a tap tempo out on the back? Get yourself a Boss FS-5U momentary switch to control tap tempo. $20 solution and direct access.

Ya, it does, I can use one of the switches on the FCB1010 as well but I just didn't want to run another cable. I know you can do it with these units so anyone else got the info. Cheers Lucius

• Members

Originally posted by krazeexharhar

What firmware are you on? I think it matters. I had trouble getting everything started up and then I realized its because the firmware I have on my controller is old.

If you got an old one you can order one from behringer for like 20 bucks. Does wonders.

I haven't opened it up yet but that was the next thing I was going to do tonite. Luckily I have access to programmers so I can reprogram it myself :) I already found the update (not sure of ver #) on the behringer/yahoo site. Cheers Lucius

• Members

Sorry about the off topic question guys.. but for some reason when I call up my long delays patch, it doesnt always turn on "properly".

I noticed that tonight when I was practicing. When I go to that patch, it sounds like its a short delay type setting, i'd have to switch back and forth between this patch and another patch and then after couple of tries it'll have the long delays.

any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks

• Members

Originally posted by Duke of Metal

Sorry about the off topic question guys.. but for some reason when I call up my long delays patch, it doesnt always turn on "properly".

I noticed that tonight when I was practicing. When I go to that patch, it sounds like its a short delay type setting, i'd have to switch back and forth between this patch and another patch and then after couple of tries it'll have the long delays.

any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks

From my manual...

When delays from the

current preset are spilled

over into the next preset

recalled (i.e. SPILLOVER

"ON"), the delay

parameters for the new

preset will be changed to

match those of the previous

preset (except for the

DELAY I/O and SPILLOVER

parameters) - even if the

Delay effect is switched

"OUT" in the previous

preset.

The EFFECT LEVEL

parameter in the next preset

recalled does not change,

therefore delays spilled into

it may be of higher or lower

volume - depending on the

EFFECT LEVEL setting in

each preset.

Also, recalling the same

preset twice via MIDI will

cancel the Spillover effect

and reset the new preset to

its stored parameter values

(only when the SPILLOVER

parameter in the recalled

parameter is set "OFF").

• Members

From my manual...

When delays from the

current preset are spilled

over into the next preset

recalled (i.e. SPILLOVER

"ON"), the delay

parameters for the new

preset will be changed to

match those of the previous

preset (except for the

DELAY I/O and SPILLOVER

parameters) - even if the

Delay effect is switched

"OUT" in the previous

preset.

The EFFECT LEVEL

parameter in the next preset

recalled does not change,

therefore delays spilled into

it may be of higher or lower

volume - depending on the

EFFECT LEVEL setting in

each preset.

Also, recalling the same

preset twice via MIDI will

cancel the Spillover effect

and reset the new preset to

its stored parameter values

(only when the SPILLOVER

parameter in the recalled

parameter is set "OFF").

Awsome.. Thanks! I guess i need to get my self a copy of the manual.

And it seems that I need to "Match" the delay settings on each patch that I use, even if the Delay is set to OUT on it. Is that the case?

Thanks

• Members

Awsome.. Thanks! I guess i need to get my self a copy of the manual.

And it seems that I need to "Match" the delay settings on each patch that I use, even if the Delay is set to OUT on it. Is that the case?

Thanks

You can DL the manual from rocktron's site. I'm not sure what you mean by matching the delays? I have most of mine with similar settings and then use an expression pedal to raise or lower the level of the delay. So I can go from delay being out or in (using a CC button on my midimate) to the level being very low or high with the expression pedal. I use a Boss FS-5U directly to control the tap tempo

I don't use the preset spillover on 95% of my patches.

I have several patches that are way out there in terms of settings too, and they switch in just fine. If I want a constant delay tempo, I just set the tempo contol parameter to "none" and it won't be affected by tap tempo or spillover.

• Members

You can DL the manual from rocktron's site. I'm not sure what you mean by matching the delays? I have most of mine with similar settings and then use an expression pedal to raise or lower the level of the delay. So I can go from delay being out or in (using a CC button on my midimate) to the level being very low or high with the expression pedal. I use a Boss FS-5U directly to control the tap tempo

I don't use the preset spillover on 95% of my patches.

I have several patches that are way out there in terms of settings too, and they switch in just fine. If I want a constant delay tempo, I just set the tempo contol parameter to "none" and it won't be affected by tap tempo or spillover.

Sorry.. what I ment by matching the delay was basicly have the setting that I use on Patch #18 (my long delay) the same on my other patches that have the Delay on them set to OUT.

Or did I miss understand what you pasted earlier from the manual?

Oh.. I got the manual printed.

• Members

Sorry.. what I ment by matching the delay was basicly have the setting that I use on Patch #18 (my long delay) the same on my other patches that have the Delay on them set to OUT.

Or did I miss understand what you pasted earlier from the manual?

Oh.. I got the manual printed.

You can do that too.

Archived