Post pics of your rack wiring

Ryan

• Members

Hey all,

I'm getting around to wiring up my rack, and I'm not really sure how to go about keeping everything nice and tidy. I'm interested in seeing how some of you have managed. So if anyone has a pic or two of their rack system from the back...post it...do it now!!....please!

also, i'm waiting around for the ups delivery guy today. my new switchblade should be in today. i'll take a pick of my rack and post it in a few hours after i throw the switchblade in there.

thanks,

ryan

• Members

Hey,

here's a pic of the ol' rig. still to be added are a tc electronics d2 (only because i cant afford an eventide eclipse...yet), a drive pedal, a barber tone press, and a voodoo pedal power 2 on the drawer, and maybe a digital eq of some sort somewhere along the line.

• Members

Here are two racks that I put together a little while ago. One is based on a TriAxis preamp: the other is based on a CAA 3+SE preamp.

The TriAxis rack has a bunch of power cables coiled up on the left. This is a bad idea: it creates hum.

NewRackBack.JPG

The 3+SE rack is better. Power cables have been cut to length. The PlugLock helps with the wall warts.

P1010052.JPG

P1010053.JPG

You can see how things are tied up. I used the cable ties and cable tie mounts to keep things together. Here, the Axess CFX4 is tied down because the cables attached to it have been mounted closely.

P1010054.JPG

Finally, all the cable lengths were measured and custom made. For this rack, I used van den Hul D 102, but I'd use Evidence cable in future racks, because it sounds as good and is 1/4 the price.

P1010058.JPG

Hope this helps,

Nick

• Members

Hey all,

thanks for the responses so far. Those set ups all look awesome!

Thanks for the tip on the pwer cables as well nick! I have mine all bundled up on one side as well...although I haven't niticed any hum from that, I've been thinking about getting my power cables cut to custom lengths. I'm horrendously bad with a soldering iron though...haha. So I'll have to get that done professionally.

Keep 'em coming!

thanks,

ryan

• Members

Originally posted by Ryan

I've been thinking about getting my power cables cut to custom lengths. I'm horrendously bad with a soldering iron though

You can probably do your power cables yourself. The replacement plugs don't require soldering: you just tighten the lugs with a screwdriver. Most gear uses those detachable cables that you can get for a few dollars at a computer store, so you can do up a bunch of lengths, then use the one that works for you; or, if you're like me, when you move your gear around in the rack.

Nick

• Members

Hey Nick,

thats perfect, even I will be able to do that...haha.

I have a friend who is an electrician as well, and I was thinking of just getting him to do it. Maybe I could get him to solder all my signal cables though...hmmm.....I wonder how much a 50 foot spool of evidence audio lyric HG goes for....

ryan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks for the post Alain! Looks good!

Anyone else still want to post a pic?

Has anyone here compared the George L's cable to the Evidence Audio Lyric HG or Melody cables? I have a couple of Evidence cables and they are better then any of my other cables, but I've never tried the George L's. Also, has anyone here tried assembling their own Lyric HG cable...I hear its quite difficult...whats your take?

thanks, and Happy New Year!

ryan

ryan@7thsunn.com

Archived