parallel set up..expert needed

• Members

i would like to use a parallel setup. i pretty sure how to do it.

i have a triaxis,2/90 power amp and a g-force. so i need a mixer and something to plug my preamp into to make my preamp signal go from 2 out to 4 out."...any help or links would be great ,,..thanks:)

• Members

First, apologies for not being an expert. :)

As I understand it you need to actively split your output signals from your preamp to send to multiple effects/processors and then mix the various outputs from these back together. Therefore a splitter and a mixer should do the job.

Nobels compact series might have what you're looking for. Not tried any of their stuff myself but I believe it's supposed to be pretty good - just wish I had a dealer near enough to me to investigate.

Good luck with it.

• Members

Get a Rane SM26B. Run everything like this

Guitar -> Triaxis

Triaxis left output -> G-Force input (set it to mono)

Triaxis right output -> Rane input

G-Force left & right outputs -> Rane inputs

Rane left & right outputs -> 2:90

Pan the input on the Rane direct from the Triaxis to center, then pan the 2 inputs from the G-Force to left and right respectively. Also make sure and set the killdry on the G-Force or you'll have phasing issues.

• Members

Originally posted by tats_dragon

If you run a wet/dry rig you don't need a mixer.

How so? The G-force does A/D/A conversion on everything, the only way to keep the signal dry is to run through a mixer unless you go with 1 Triaxis output straight to the 2:90 and 1 from the G-Force but then he'll lose stereo FX.

• Members

Originally posted by dmtnt

Get a Rane SM26B. Run everything like this

Guitar -> Triaxis

Triaxis left output -> G-Force input (set it to mono)

Triaxis right output -> Rane input

G-Force left & right outputs -> Rane inputs

Rane left & right outputs -> 2:90

Pan the input on the Rane direct from the Triaxis to center, then pan the 2 inputs from the G-Force to left and right respectively. Also make sure and set the killdry on the G-Force or you'll have phasing issues.

exactly.

plus a rane SM-82 will perform the same job.

those phasing issues are a hoot. sounds like playing in a pipe.

• Members

How so? The G-force does A/D/A conversion on everything, the only way to keep the signal dry is to run through a mixer unless you go with 1 Triaxis output straight to the 2:90 and 1 from the G-Force but then he'll lose stereo FX

That's exactly how a wet/dry setup works.

It's just an option before Millertime buys a mixer and extra cables.

Ever since I upgraded my cables to Evidence Audio, I prefer running my rig wet/dry opposed to stereo. Less crap in the signal chain and your guitar tone is preserved.

I control the balance with an Ernie Ball stereo/pan volume pedal (the one with the switch for your toe).

Of course the ultimate is wet/dry/wet.

Jun

• Members

Interesting discussion.

While it is already a digital preamp, my Rocktron Prophesy has an effects loop that can be programmed in as pre or post effects. If I don't program my Gmajor into the effects loop for a preset then no signal gets sent to the effects loop / Gmajor.

• Members

ok . i got my rane sm26b in today and hooked it all up..i can not believe how much the g-force was killing my tone.. my mesa setup now sounds so FAT and saturated.. What a huge difference.

I mean huge i cant believe it....now the effects in the g-force should i run them in serial or parallel or does it make a difference

:confused: overall my setup just went from a 5 to a 10 as far as im concerned

• Members

Originally posted by tats_dragon

It all depends on the effects you want.

For instance if you had delay and reverb in series, your delay will be washed in reverb.

Parallel, your delay will not have any reverb added.

Jun

Ok,, I just wasn't sure if you were running a parallel system you should run you effects internally parallel. But from what you say it does not matter. Thanks

Archived